What's new

SOTD - March 15, 2010 through March 21, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor: Some sort of injector
Razor blade: Schick injector blade (1st use)
Shaving brush: Shavemac custom D01
Shaving cream: Homemade Lavender tallow shaving cream
Witch hazel: T.N. Dickinson's
After shave lotion: Aqua Velva Ice Blue

Good Sunday all...

George Wostenholm & Sons Celebrated 5/8
Edwin Jagger Best Badger Brush
Erasmic sc
Dickinson's WH
Musgo Real a/s balsam
Knize Ten Edt

A pleasure to return to the ritual of the straight...a fine shave with no incidents. I still get better shaves with the DE and SE, especially on my neck, but with every straight shave I get a little more confident and a little better with my technique. I'm in no rush...and a great finish with the Musgo Real and Knize Ten.

The Real Shaving Co. Daily Creamy Facial Wash,
The Real Shaving Co. Self Heating Face Mask,
Merkur Classic / IP (3),
Simpson Special,
The Real Shaing Co. SC,
Alum Block,
The Real Shaving Co. Daily Skin Soothing Balm.

SOTD Sunday March 21, 2010

Razor: '70 Black Handle Flair Tip SS
Blade: Dorco
Soap/Mug: Tabac
Brush: Medium Badger
ASB: Nivea Replenishing
Aftershave: Brute Cologne

Great Shaves shown by all this week Gentlemen. Thanks for sharing! :thumbup:

Good Morning Captain! Looking good. :biggrin1: How's that Salter French Vivitar SC? Does it have a tobacco smell? I heard that it did. How is it relative to Tabac? Sorry for the big quiz on such a nice Sunday morning. :biggrin:

G'Morning Bruce!
Hate to disappoint you but Salter's French Vetiver has nothing to do with Tabac.
On the other hand it is very, I mean VERY, smokey and earthy, like the smell of the ground after a heavy rain shower.

G'Morning Bruce!
Hate to disappoint you but Salter's French Vetiver has nothing to do with Tabac.
On the other hand it is very, I mean VERY, smokey and earthy, like the smell of the ground after a heavy rain shower.

Thanks Captain! I think I'd like it if the smell is earthy. Smokey (?) Guess I'll have to bite the bullet and try it! :biggrin1: Enjoyed your photos this week as always! :thumbup1:

HOBBY THEME WEEK
RAZOR ~ DOVO INOX WITH MoP SCALES | BRUSH ~ PLISSON 16 HMW IN HORN | ENGLISH FERN SOAP & EdT | AS ~ PRORASO

HOBBY ~ COLLECTING & SHOOTING HANDGUNS AND COLLECTING KNIVES ~ PIC FEATURES MY BARETTA 9MM EVERYDAY GUN & MoP CASE POCKETKNIFE

proxy.php

STAY TUNED FOR MORE GUNS :)

Proraso pre-shave Cream
Truefitt & Hill Luxury Shaving Soap

Proshave-scuttle (Danish special)
Edwin Jagger Best Badger brush
Edwin Jagger Georgian DE-razor
Astra Superior Platinum (2)

Thayer's Unscentet Witch Hazel
D.R. Harris & Co Aftershave Milk

Today it seemed as if spring has come. At least SWMBO and I had a wonderful strole to the beautiful habour in our little town. :wink2:

Good day Sunday

A nice shave after "resting off" a rather assertive hangover :20:

Muhle R89 with Derby
Rooney Alibaba 1
Prairie Creations unscented shave soap
Musgo Real classic aftershave

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
AOS Unscented soap
T+H Rooney 1/1
Fatboy with yellow 7 o'clock
AOS unscented balm
C&S #88

neutrogena visibly clear
acca kappa 1869 SC
1930 brush
gong 2633 6/8 hollow ground (not shave ready so i do 4 passes & end up finishing with the DE)
gillette new standard /kaï blade
alun stone
pierre cardin "pour monsieur'

music:the meters

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Josh, I see you've been using the Duke 2 pretty consistently. How are you liking it? I haven't put mine down since I got it a month back. For the money, I don't think there's a better face latherer out there.

Thanks for noticing, and as a matter of fact, I think part of my reason for picking the Duke 2 was in part to seeing it so frequently in your SOTDs!

I wasn't sure what I thought after its first use, I was expecting the Simpson bristles to be a bit thicker. But, as I keep putting it to use I am liking it more and more, and am also really enjoying not rotating quite as much.

It is a really fantastic brush!

This was a big day for me as I was meeting the future mother in law who had previously chosen only to ignore me, so I had to pull out all the stops.

Gem Bullet Tip Micromatic
Rooney 1/1 Super
Penhaligon's Opus 1870 Cream // ASB // EDT

Yeah, it was good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom