SOTD - March 1, 2010 through March 7, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Dittmar Silvertip | Crabtree & Evelyn Sandalwood Shaving Soap
Le Grelot, 6/8
Dr. Hauschka Tonikum Spezial | Annemarie Börlind After Shave Gel
Annick Goutal Encens Flamboyant

proxy.php

Great shot, Baknip! I love to see products and equipment that we don't see very often, like the Dr. Dittmar Silvertip.

Sunday morning:

Deer antler-handled short loft Silvertip
Mama Bear's Wild Mint and Ivy
1956 Flare Tip
Feather blade
Flag & Sail Brisk AS

DFS once again!

SOTD Sunday March 7, 2010

Razor: 1948 Gillette Super Speed
Blade: Dorco
Shaving Cream: Cyril R. Salter Wild Rose
Shaving Shuttle: Robert's Ceramic of San Antonio, TX.
Brush: Col Conk Long Handled Badger
ASB: Nivea Replenishing
Aftershave: Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum

First time using the RAB Ceramic Shuttle. Checked the water temp after Microwaving for 3 minutes it was 145F. Did the shave and at the end, the water temp was only down to 130F. The deeper dish on the upper requires a long handled brush but the shaving cream and brush was kept gloriously warm the entire shave period. It was a pleasure using this shuttle and having very warm lather applied to my face. I think it will probably be only good for SC's though.
Used a 1948 Super Speed that I will PIF to my Son (He's 40 years old and has never gotten a good shave.) He has shown interest in wet shaving so, I hope he likes it.
Great shaves shown by all this week Gentlemen! I enjoyed seeing your selections and fine shaving gear. :thumbup1:

That's a great looking scuttle, Bruce.

Sunday. 03-07-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Semogue 730HD silvertip - Merkur 37C Slant - Super-Max super stainless #1 - Pre Proraso - O Melhor (sample) shaving cream - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASL La Toja.

proxy.php

Nice looking hardware/software! I just ordered a sampler pack from T&H and currently use on of their badger brushes. Does Merkur make that razor for them?

I won a T&H Carlton at yesterday's Austin Meet-up (thanks Lee!). When I asked, Lee pointed out the "P" on the underside of the head and said that that identified it as a Parker head. I used it this morning and I found it to be a very smooth shave. I'm not sure if the Carlton has the same head as you, but I'd be interested to know if you have a "P" on yours.

Penworks Finest
MWF
T&H Carlton (thanks, Lee's Razors!) w/ Red IP (1)
Proraso AS and ASB
L'Artisan Parfumeur TIMBUKTO (thanks, Austin!)

Excellent pics everyone!

I'm glad I'm back to posting and stalking this thread!

Henry and Rob, your pics are colorful, bright and sparkling, they suggest happiness and optimism,....I wish these are your feelings (and ours) today :thumbup1:

Vasco, What a boar brush!!!! I like it a lot :w00t:

Happy was exactly the motivation I had for such a colorful pic!

I think everyone should submit pictures for the SOTD thread. It has made me a better photographer and helped my find my style.

I couldn't agree more!

Not even the Shulton stuff :001_wub:

Very very nice, my friend!

OS and Brut are two scents that are forever etched in my mind as Grandpas scents and as much as I admire the man and as much as he's always been a hero to me I never wanted to smell like an "old man". The soap is absolutely fantastic though!

Razor ~ 6/8 Puma INOX | Brush ~ Rooney Finest 1/2 | Soap ~ English Fern | AS ~ Proraso | EdT ~ English Fern

proxy.php

Pens EF :001_wub::001_wub:

alep soap
rubberset/TGN brush
acca kappa 1869 SC
gillette new /merkur blade
alun stone
pierre cardin "pour monsieur"

music: steely dan

full

Last edited by a moderator:
British Gillette Aristocrat #21 / Red IP / Mitchell's Wool Fat / Vintage Made Rite - TGN two-band finest / Aqua Velva AS

proxy.php

Kent soap (which is Mitchell's Wool fat soap supposedly). I used it after I did my clay mask this morning, and man, did it sting when I tried to face lather with it. So I used it bowl lathering, which came out nice. My face is still a bit irritated, but I will give it another try next week. I should have not used it after the clay mask, seems my face is a bit sensitive afterwards. I had a similar experience with Musgo Real, so it could be the lanolin in the soap. if it happens again, this one must go, too bad.

T+H Rooney 1/1
Fatboy
Ed Jagger Sea Buckthorn asl
No frag today

That sounds unfortunate about the MWF - I've never used it, but do love :001_wub: Musgo Real. Hopefully it was only the clay mask!

No Photochop for me. We have MacBooks. I use iPhoto and Gimp mostly. Thanks for the info though, I love what you do with some of your pics! :thumbup1:

I'm not nearly cool enough to have Apple hardware :wink2:. Actually, since work provides the computer, I just use whatever they give me. I'd love to find out how a one button mouse works one day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom