What's new

SOTD - March 1, 2010 through March 7, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
AoS Lemon | Penworks | 6/8 Dovo Special | Alum Block | GFT Coral Skin Food | Domenico Caraceni 1913

proxy.php

Merkur Clasic / Tescos (4),
Simpsons Special Best,
GFT Coconut SC (sample),
Alum Block,
Banana Republic Classic EDT.

Last edited:

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Sunday

Fisher #76 "Silver Fisher" 6/8 Germany
Somerset Lamp Blacked Chubby 2 Best
Tabac Shaving Soap
Alt Innsbruck 66 60 Eau de Cologne

Edwin Jagger DE87
Omega 80056
NOS 1970 P3 Gillette Super Silver (3)
Superdrug Pre Shave Spalsh
Arko stick (milled into a bowl)
Alum Block
Witch Hazel (with added menthol)
Wilkos AB
Brut AS

Wow the EJ87 is something once you've found the blade angle combined with the sharpness of the Super Silver it gave me one of the smoothest shaves I've ever had, sheer bliss :001_wub: , really set me up for the day even thou I've got to go work . The Super Silver is still performing well and seems to have many more shaves in it so I will be pushing it to the limit in the EJ.

Nice pic Mark :001_smile
So tell us, how was that straight shave? :wink2:

Nice! How'd it go?
It was a great shave! I've used straights before. Have three; two Dovos & a Hen & Rooster. It's just been a while since I've used them. The edges needed touching up so I had gone back to DEs exclusively. Finally got myself a barber hone and hit the edges on them last night.

Having said that, it's been so long since I've used them I was expecting to be quite bloody and flayed this morning! Luckily that didnt happen. I did notice a little pulling so I guess I need to get it a little sharper before the next use.

Good Sunday morning all...

Gem Micromatic Clog Pruf w/ Pella (5)
Unknown handle reknotted w/ Golden Nib Finest badger
Godrej Menthol Mist sc
Thayers Original WH w/ aloe
Aqua Velva a/s
444 a/s balm
Acqua di Selva Edt

After a day off from shaving, the Clog-Pruf certainly made it's presence known as I did the first pass. The GN badger is softer than my "Best" badger brushes but not too floppy and with the Godrej provided a nice cushioning lather. The second and third passes were less irritating and I was left with a terrific shave. I finished with the Acqua di Selva and took my daughter out for breakfast feeling all is right with the world.

Outstanding Henry :a14:. That one left me speechless. My pics are so lame these days... :a15:

Please...

I'm seeing the SOTD as the Olympics - it's a matter of participating...:biggrin1:

Very nice photos today Gentlemen :001_wub: Thank you for sharing your shaves.

+1

:thumbup1: Yes! I like seeing what everyone's using. Henry's pics are phenomenal, I agree, but really I like seeing what everyone is using. Cell phone pics are great too. I often use my iPhone.

Thanks guys!

I think everyone should submit pictures for the SOTD thread. It has made me a better photographer and helped my find my style.

Last edited:
III.07.2010
Sunday:

Merkur HD w/ Bleue Extra (3)
Semogue 2009 LE
Dovo Eucalyptus SC
Royall Vetiver

Cheers,
VascoR

proxy.php

Looking good Captain! Like the new Avatar. :001_tongu
Those Semogue Brushes are very alluring :001_wub: I am being seduced by their splendid performance reports and sultry looks. :001_tt1:

Dr. Dittmar Silvertip | Crabtree & Evelyn Sandalwood Shaving Soap
Le Grelot, 6/8
Dr. Hauschka Tonikum Spezial | Annemarie Börlind After Shave Gel
Annick Goutal Encens Flamboyant

proxy.php

Beautiful! Awesome Brush and Straight combo. :001_tt1:

Semogue LE : fatip OC+Crystal : Kell's sandalwood sample (thx Teiste) : Alt Innsbruck

proxy.php

Great shot and another Semogue Brush...I am haunted by these beauties! :001_tt2:

I always have an enjoyable shave with my Easy Aces, one of my very favourite razors.

Pre-shave: Geo F. Trumper Coral Skin Food

Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street Rose Shave Cream

Brush: Martinez custom handle with Golden Nib silvertip knot

Razor: Genco Easy Aces 5/8"

Post-shave: I Coloniali Softening Aftershave Solution

Scent: Penhaligon's Hammam Bouquet

proxy.php

Awesome razor and beautiful custom brush. I am getting a handle turned for my Silvertip Knot and I hope it turns out as beautiful as yours; outstanding! :001_smile

AoS Lemon | Penworks | 6/8 Dovo Special | Alum Block | GFT Coral Skin Food | Domenico Caraceni 1913

proxy.php

Good to hear you have your straights back in action Mark. I am having mine honed and will include them into the rotation soon. I got a new strop to keep them shave ready. Beautiful shot BTW! :001_smile

SOTD Sunday March 7, 2010

Razor: 1948 Gillette Super Speed
Blade: Dorco
Shaving Cream: Cyril R. Salter Wild Rose
Shaving Scuttle: Robert's Ceramic of San Antonio, TX.
Brush: Col Conk Long Handled Badger
ASB: Nivea Replenishing
Aftershave: Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum

First time using the RAB Ceramic Scuttle. Checked the water temp after Microwaving for 3 minutes it was 145F. Did the shave and at the end, the water temp was only down to 130F. The deeper dish on the upper requires a long handled brush but the shaving cream and brush was kept gloriously warm the entire shave period. It was a pleasure using this scuttle and having very warm lather applied to my face. I think it will probably be only good for SC's though.
Used a 1948 Super Speed that I will PIF to my Son (He's 40 years old and has never gotten a good shave.) He has shown interest in wet shaving so, I hope he likes it.
Great shaves shown by all this week Gentlemen! I enjoyed seeing your selections and fine shaving gear. :thumbup1:

Last edited:

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Kent soap (which is Mitchell's Wool fat soap supposedly). I used it after I did my clay mask this morning, and man, did it sting when I tried to face lather with it. So I used it bowl lathering, which came out nice. My face is still a bit irritated, but I will give it another try next week. I should have not used it after the clay mask, seems my face is a bit sensitive afterwards. I had a similar experience with Musgo Real, so it could be the lanolin in the soap. if it happens again, this one must go, too bad.

T+H Rooney 1/1
Fatboy
Ed Jagger Sea Buckthorn asl
No frag today

Hardware: Gillette fat-handled Tech w/Derby blade, C&E BBB, Weller bowl

Software: Dave's Mystic Lavender Glycerin Preshave, Pre de Provence soap, witch hazel, Aqua Velva Musk, SCS Dagger EDT, Corn Huskers Lotion

AOS Lavender SS / Semogue LE 09 / CV Heljestrand MK31 / Speick AS / Nivea Sensitive ASB

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom