What's new

SOTD - January 25, 2010 - January 31, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am loving (and very jealous of) all the pictures! Wha, are you all secret pro photographers or something? :wink: :thumbsup:

Yes, we are paid good money to lure newbies into wet shaving so they can spend ALL the money they save on cartridges on shaving gear such as blades, razors, brushes, soaps, creams, aftershaves etc. etc. :laugh:

No seriously, it is just a bunch of guys that really like shaving thus taking pictures of their gear. Gear-heads take pictures of their cars or motorcycles too (well I do :biggrin1:)

Thiers Issard 5/8 Evide Sonnant
Simpsons Duke 2
Proraso
Aqua Velva

It's freezing outside, but I figured I'd risk it :001_tongu

wow! great shaves today, men!

and my late, leisurely Sunday shave:

proxy.php

Norfolk / Red IP / TOBS Avocado / BK12 [first run!] / Hattric AS​

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Sunday (late posting early shave)

Abercrombie & Fitch 5/8 Blade
Vulfix #41
Geo. F. Trumper Rose Shaving Soap
Ivy Club Shulton Clone Aftershave
Floris Santal

What do you think of that Anniversary brush? Mine should be here this week (I'm hoping).

EDIT: What about the Vintage Tabarome?

On both counts, :thumbup1::thumbup1:. The Anniversary brush is a little small, but the faux horn looks great, albeit not really like horn, and the bristle superb. Might have the whitest tips of any brush I've encountered.

Saturday

Hardware: Gillette Ball-handled Tech w/Derby blade, Mr. Krabs (C&E BBB), Weller bowl

Software: Dave's Mystic Lavender Glycerin Preshave, Musgo Real SC, witch hazel, Dominica Bay Rum AS, Corn Huskers

Sunday

Hardware: Merkur 38C w/Derby blade, Black Tooth (Superior 25mm SBB), Weller bowl

Software: Dave's Mystic Lavender Glycerin Preshave, KMF Lavender SC, witch hazel, SCS Lavender ASB

Sunday

Gillette Super-Speed "red tip" / Red Personna blade / Kent BK4 / Musgo Real shaving cream / Publix WH / Musgo Real after shave

This combo resulted in several nicks on my neck. I'm not sure if I'll give it another go.

proxy.php

Yves Saint Laurent Kouros Fraîcheur

I am really starting to like Kouros Fraîcheur. It's like Kouros but with a really subdued civet note, the added citrus topnotes seem to make it much more tame and the drydown is rather nice, still the honeyed wood base but with less powder and musk and with some more citrus.

Simpson Astor | Mitchell's Wool Fat | Livi Takeda Damascus & Ram Horn | Dopo Barba di Camaldolesi | Santa Maria Novella Pre/Post | Creed Vintage Tabarome

proxy.php

Very Very nice Picture !!! :thumbup:
And Incredible Tools !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool:
Livi Takeda Damascus & Ram Horn + Simpson Astor :tongue_sm:thumbup1::thumbup::blink::drool:
COOL !
Eelco

proxy.php

Nice! I like the little Norfolk. The Deluxe head still gives me the closest shave of all the razors I've tried.

Yes, we are paid good money to lure newbies into wet shaving so they can spend ALL the money they save on cartridges on shaving gear such as blades, razors, brushes, soaps, creams, aftershaves etc. etc. :laugh:

No seriously, it is just a bunch of guys that really like shaving thus taking pictures of their gear. Gear-heads take pictures of their cars or motorcycles too (well I do :biggrin1:)

I DO :lol: 250 cc I am like Speedy Gonzales... without snow :sad:
View attachment 86513
Regards
Eelco

View attachment 86368
HARDWARE:
Merkur 42 Safety Razor (1904 Replica).
Gillette Bleue Extra.
Thiers-Issard Blond Horn Handle - Super Badger (Made in France) Size = Knot: 23 mm Loft: 50 mm.

SOFTWARE:
J&E Atkinsons I Coloniali Pre Shaving Cream with Mango Shave Oil.
J&E Atkinsons I Coloniali Shaving Cream with Mango Oil.
Caldey Abbey After Shave (Caldey Island in Wales,GB).
J&E Atkinsons I Coloniali Aftershave Emulsion With Rhubarb.

Have a nice Sunday !
Eelco

I.31.2010
Sunday:

Slim Adjustable w/ Bleue Extra (4)
Semogue 2009 LE boar
Musgo Real SC
Musgo Real AS
[Musgo Real Oak Moss EdC]

Cheers,
VaRese

proxy.php

Shavemac Silvertip | Olivia Crema Dark Rhassoul
Weltmeister (Worldmaster), 7/8
Floïd Vigoroso | Annemarie Börlind After Shave Gel
Knize Ten

proxy.php

A decidedly floral shave today. I used hot towels before and during my shave and really felt the benefit. My skin feels like silk and I smell amazing.

proxy.php

Pre-shave: St. James of London Founder's Reserve Mandarin & Patchouli pre-shave oil.

Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street Rose Cream.

Brush: Martinez Custom Handle set with a Grade A Silvertip knot from The Golden Nib.

Razor: Edwin Jagger Ebony 5/8".

Post Shave: Geo F. Trumper Coral Skin Food.

Scent: Penhaligon's Hammam Bouquet e.d.t.

rubberset/golden-nib
gillette lemon lime
gillette fatboy /red IP
alun stone
monsieur balmain
pottery handmade by my mother

full

Vision + Astra Keramik; TOBS The St. James Collection Cream;
Polo PL10; LSK-scuttle; QEDman ASC
full

Semogue LE : Fatip OC+permasharp : Susie's Bubbles Almond SS : Weleda ASB

proxy.php

Sunday

Japanese Rice Bowl
Omega 11137 Boar
Dovo Special 5/8" Straight
- - -
Proraso Green Tea Pre-shave
Tabac Shaving Soap
Thayer's Unscented Witch Hazel
Tabac After Shave Lotion

proxy.php

A really nice shave today, no irritation whatsoever - getting better at the straight :001_smile

-----

Still winter though
proxy.php

39c with Personna medical grade blade.
Penworks Silvertip.
The rest is pretty evident.

Merkur HD 34C
Annick Goutal Les Orientalistes ~ Encens Flamboyant
Self-made after shave to compliment the Flamboyant
Trumper Violet

Speick Shave Stick | Shavemac | Futur | Speick ASL | Speick EdC

proxy.php

DFS today!!

Great pics today, gents!! :thumbup1:

Revisor 5/8 // Rooney 1/2 Finest // MWF // L'Occitane Cade
proxy.php

Had a great Sunday shave with T&H 1805 cream (not much variation, but I only have 2 creams,LOL!), Merkur 38C with Derby, T&H moisturiser and Domenico Caraceni edt

proxy.php

Sunday Morning:

Hot Shower/Proraso Glycerin Cleansing Bar/Hot Towel
1955 Gillette Flare Tip Super Speed
Swedish Gillette (Shave #2)
Tweezerman Deluxe
Noxzema Lather SC
Aqua Velva Classic A/S
Vaseline IRML Lotion

I'm starting to regret my decision to sell off my Noxzema stash. Truth be told, I never got a great lather from this stuff until today. I think it has to do mostly with the brush that I used before. My Kent/Altesse is a pretty decent sized brush. In fact, it's the largest one I own next to the Omega Pro 48 badger. When using the Kent/Altesse with the Noxzema, the lather that I always got was very foamy and airy and not very good. Today, using the Tweezerman, I got a very exceptional lather that provided very exceptional results. The Tweezerman, in my opinion, is a VERY underrated brush. It's a great starter brush or a great brush to have in your regular rotation and you can't beat the price at just $10-$15 a pop. Great shave today.

proxy.php

Sunday, January 31st.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Probak + Feather (day 2), Arko, Grade A EverReady 200T, followed up with WH and Nivea Sensitive

Tulip 2 - Speick Shave Cream - Proraso Pre/Post - Wostenholm 7/8 - 444 - CHH Tobacco Aftershave - Caron, Yatagan​

5/8 Spear
Rooney 1/1
C&E Sienna SS
Clubman AS

proxy.php

Yves Saint Laurent Kouros Fraîcheur

Great shaves and pics!

Jon, How was the lather with your new brush?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom