What's new

SOTD "HOLIDAY WEEK" - December 19th - December 25th, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proraso Green Pre/Post
Vintage Rubberset Handle with 24mm Maggards Plissoft Knot
Van Yulay Puros La Habana
Satin Silver Hawk / Feather Pro Guard (9)
Thayers Superhazel/Proraso Green Pre/post Followed with Proraso/Osage Rub splash

proxy.php

Tobacco Tuesday SOTD

View attachment 710515

Razor: Schick Repeating Razor C2
Blade: Schick (D3)
Brush: Shavemac 173 D01 2-Band 28mm
Bowl: Symmetrical Sheet Metal
Pre Shave Scrub: Tiki 1920’s Barber Shoppe
Pre Shave Oil: AOS Sandalwood
Shave Soap: HTGAM Cavendish
Aftershave: Small Batch Shave Tonic

proxy.php

Date: 20 December 2016

Brush: - Semogue SOC Boar in Cherry Wood 24/55mm
Lather: - Arko Shaving Soap
Razor: - Merkur 34C
Blade: - Perma-Sharp Super #3
Post Shave: - T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent / Nivea Original Aftershave Splash
Fragrance: - YSL L’Homme EDT

Since my Omega 10065 Green Handle 24/54mm is not drying out properly I had to used the second boar brush the Semogue SOC Boar has broken in very nicely, so I only have two boar brush to used throughout the Christmas holidays towards the end of New Year Eve. There has been a number of young teenage in my family asking me a lot of question about wet shaving.

proxy.php

@eezee - How did you like the Green Mountain Lime Vetiver? Was it a good base for this lime accented shave?
This soap along with the "Spiced Rum" were gifts last Christmas. Over the past year the scent has dissipated from the soap, so from that aspect it was not so hot. On the positive side, I always find that this soap lathers well and provides excellent performance, so from that perspective it was quite enjoyable.

12/19/16

Proraso Green Tea & Oatmeal Pre Shave Cream
Green Mountain Soap Co. Spiced Rum
Muhle 21H 220 Rytmo w/Black Fiber
9/16 Johann Blankenagel "Alcoso"
Tony Miller 3" Heirloom Steerhide Strop
Shavex Alum Block
Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
Art of Shaving Sandalwood Balm
Dolce & Gabbana The One
View attachment 710542

wow! blast from the past! how was the Spruce?
The scent is amazing but I need to dial in the lather a bit more to get that perfect balance of cushion and glide. I erred on the side of caution this morning and should have added more water into the mix. A perfect match for the holidays, the aftershave is Christmas tree in a bottle.

Monday SOTD ::::: December 19, 2016

Prep: Hot shower w/Nivea Men Original Moisturizing Face Wash
Pre-shave Oil: Black Diamond Shaving Co.
Soap: Dr. Jon’s Krampus
Brush: Semogue 830 22mm
Razor: PAA DOC Satin Finish w/iKon Bulldog handle
Blade: Feather New Hi-Stainless (2)
Post Splash: Dickinson’s Original Witch Hazel unscented
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Reserve Classic

View attachment 710545

12/19/16

1. Shulton old spice soap puck ... un wrapped in box with cup and plastic lid. Question. I found the puck refill that is shrink wrapprd to be much better. Do these un wrapped pucks get better as u dig down?
2. No pre shave i used the slick bloom water.
3. Semogue hog hair
4. Nacet 3rd use.
5. PAA doc , nickle d.e. Razor --- amazingly mild with the o.s. tallow slickness all over my face
6. O.S. shulton after shave.. circa early 70s
7. A little paa clubguy after shave balm as the forced hot air heat from my oil burner sucks the moisture out of me

------->

Monday

"65 UK Tech
Rapira Supersteel (4)
Omega Boar
Cella
AS: None

Good shave achieved tonite,
Blade has dulled somewhat, so I have moved it to the Progress adjustable for the next use.
That razor works QUITE well with the milder blades like these .
I will use this combo for the rest of this blades life. It should give at least a couple of more good shaves.
PS: I still love the Cella! It is great soap.!!

Thanks Ron.

It`s a pleasure to all of us read your comments everyday and see your dedication to this SOTD "FREE WEEK" doing what you do needs hard work and alot of dedication and we appreciated very much, thanks again Ron for spending some of your free time to make this SOTD a pleasure to read and participate.
Yesterday you used a very nice single edge razor (Executive Shaving The Claymore) is it a mild or agressive razor?

ººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººº
ººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººº

* 19 December 2016 *

http://i66.tinypic.com/i5qa82.jpg

The Claymore is somewhat aggressive; probably more so than my other SEs, except for the iKon El Jefe. Due to the Claymore's weight, attention must be paid to the light touch principle. It's easy to find the blade angle and I've had no problems with it. I've found that I really like shaving with these new SEs. I'm going to try a shavette soon; a Feather AC SS will be in my den in the next few weeks.

12/20/16 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Cellar Door Bath Supply Co Haunted Woods Soap
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements ICE Pre-Shave Soap
Sterling Soap Company Coniferous Shave Soap
RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic 26mm Brush
Crown King Dual Chamber Scuttle
iKon X3 Slant Razor
Derby Extra Blade – 6th Shave
Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel Toner
Aqua Velva Original Sport Cologne
View attachment 710601

This soap along with the "Spiced Rum" were gifts last Christmas. Over the past year the scent has dissipated from the soap, so from that aspect it was not so hot. On the positive side, I always find that this soap lathers well and provides excellent performance, so from that perspective it was quite enjoyable.

Too bad about the scent. That is something I can overlook also as long as the performance is fine.

Monday

"65 UK Tech
Rapira Supersteel (4)
Omega Boar
Cella
AS: None

Good shave achieved tonite,
Blade has dulled somewhat, so I have moved it to the Progress adjustable for the next use.
That razor works QUITE well with the milder blades like these .
I will use this combo for the rest of this blades life. It should give at least a couple of more good shaves.
PS: I still love the Cella! It is great soap.!!

Thanks for the fine commentary.

Fine start for the week, gentlemen. Again SOTD was filled with excellent photos, detailed descriptions and commentary.

Thank you for all these contributions of images and words.

@ram57 - Nice wraparound. Delightful frosty shave pic. Hope your face is thawed (lol)!
@skypsyd - Quite a festive photo, Dave. Handsome array. Like the Santa hat on the brush.
@ClaudioBP - Good to see another close-in, macro-esque shot.
@Dagwoodz - Fine looking presentation, Josh. Dramatic display of the Dubl Duck.
@Smooth Steve - What a brooding b&w shot. Has an outré feel to it. Nicely done.
@shm - Exquisite layout, Søren. You're on a roll!
@UngerWoo - Very attractive array.
@Clint64 - Eye-catching setup. Great knot on the Rubberset.
@carm-gs - Accomplished high angle pic. Like the balanced brush.
@theos - Intriguing photo. A two SE razor shave! Nice grainy, textured look to the pic.
@cmh737 - Another striking color themed shot, Chris. Ozark Mountain is one fine soap! Getting into the spirit I see.
@Xentro - Splendid layout. Like the carved face. The Christmas Tree is a great background.
@lindyhop66 - Fetching pic. Really nice scales on the straight. The Yeti strikes again....
@Cash_Stronomer - Ah, the things one must brave for that arresting photo... Love the shot.
@Peter_A - Wonderful composition. I like that ever-present scuttle in your photos.
@mcdig - Attractive angle on this POV, Mark. Gives a fine perspective.
@Jnatcat - A very handsome shave portrait, Will. Excellent looking.
@CT23 - Beautiful photo, Chris. Perfect placement of your elements. The Shavemac is a stunner.
@blexa - Love this closeup. Looks like one fine shave. I was quite impressed with my first shave using Dr. Jon's 13.
@Bobcat - Comely photo, Bob. Always fine shots with the mask.
@blzrfn - Excellent display, Dave. Did the Bonsa slant shave well? The soap and aftershave are stunning.
@SCshaver - Still like that low level angle. Makes a fine shot.
@sarimento1 - That's quite a nice arrayment, Murray. The Kent handle is frosty! And your background....
@doc47 - Striking picture, Dan. The straight is a beauty.
@noahpictures - Lovely medium high angle POV shot.
@Doug57 - Nice seasonal photo, Doug. Just how chilly is the Krampert's?
@xxlpack - Oh, I like that bowl ... and your realignment.
@Theyack - First-rate layout. Excellent element positioning with the Christmasy background. The brush is a wonder!
@Brewster - Fine b&w image. The light dusting as a border is quite effective. Your festive hanging are well done.
@DblD - Terrific staging of your elements for this fine POV, especially the position of the Hawk.
@Ajwien - Love this scattered array amid the Christmas balls.
@ram57 - Oh, the smoke is back! Excellent! Like the pipe. Great looking pic by the way.
@SpeedyPC - THere is a nice bloom on the SOC. It's great to hear that some teenagers have an interest in wet shaving.
@eezee - I really like that Mühle handle ... and the handle on the straight is spectacular.
@EzraCobb - Quite a splendid vertical high angle pic, Jamie, especially with the addition of the painting. Great looking shave.

The holidays are fast approaching. I hope everyone can find time amidst all the bustle of the next few days to have a relaxing shave.

Time for me to say good evening once again, gents. See you soon.

Last edited:
[MENTION=107139]ronweston[/MENTION]

" Fine b&w image. The light dusting as a border is quite effective. Your festive hanging are well done."

Thank you so much Ron!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom