What's new

🥩 🥛 🍰 🍷 🍺 🍎 🥦 🥓 SOTD “Food & Drink Week” August 28th - September 3rd, 2023 🥩 🥛 🍰 🍷 🍺 🍎 🥦 🥓

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_7075.jpeg

_storage_emulated_0_Pictures_Cartoon_Photo_cartoon1693160542360.jpg

Razor: Ever-Ready 1912, Gold Single Edge Razor
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Simpson Butterscotch Chubby 2 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime
Aftershave: Shannon's 25th Street Lime splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented

SOTD AUGUST 28th
AUGUST 2023 GRUME
ARKO AUGUST 2023

Hello friends
Winter is here to stay, at least until next week…and to start this week: Arko! Omega 48 Pro, Green Cult 2.0 plate II, Wizamet Super Iridium and Pinaud Clubman Reserve Whiskey Woods.

Wonderful!

With us, two geniuses: Lester Young and Teddy Wilson.

Rating: 9,5

Have a nice week and great shaves.
❤️🪒

E19FCAE5-0B8B-4985-921D-1B1DD71A6496.jpeg
IMG_0916.jpeg

Tuesday SOTD
20230827_135701.jpg

Razor: Ever-Ready Streamline
Blade: Gem PTFE SS (D2)
Brush: T&H Wellington 24mm Super Badger
Bowl: Supply Provision Marble 4.5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Spa
Shave Soap: Route 66 Perfect Gent
Butter: Organic Shea Butter
Aftershave: Alpa Fougère

According to the scent profile there is some coconut, ginger, and sea salt. I don't know if that qualifies as "food and drink", but the scent is definitely aquatic. Regardless, it is a wonderful scent and a top-notch soap. The AS is very balm like, which had me worried since I'm not usually a balm user, but I like this a lot. The rest of the shave is a Charcoal Goods level 2, gen 2 (gen 2 plate and gen 4 cap), and a work of art from Vogt and Cop.

REDAqua_VandC.jpg

Well my personal theme of the week lines up with the thread theme.. After Menthol Week it’s time for Citrus Week (maybe weeks, I have way to many soaps🙄) and I was able to make it a MdC Monday

SOTD: 08/28/2023

Razor: Merkur 34G
Blade: Dorco Prime, 3rd use
Brush: Rudy Vey “Barbie” STF Knot
Preshave: PAA The Cube 2.0 Soap
Soap: Martin De Candre Agrumes
Aftershave: Fine Italian Citrus
Additional Care: Thayer’s Coconut WH
Fragrance: Hugo Boss Boss Bottled EdT
IMG_5806.jpeg

5 out of 5 stars today

Loving the new RV Barbie brush the STF is a great knot and will probably knock a couple of synthetics out of the rotation and into the closet. Might have overloaded the MdC but the shave was great.

SOTD: 29th August 2023.

15.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body+Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Goodfellas Smile Abysso Shaving Soap.
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium. (D1)
Razor: Yingjili Tech head + Schmidt R10 Handle.

Cold water Face & Head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse/Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Goodfellas Smile Abysso ASL. /Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

Greetings,

Early morning face & head shave,

The schmidt R10 handle paired together with the Yingjili Tech head makes a wonderful Frankentech. The extra weight of the R10 handle handle gives a good additional heft, making a non-aggressive yet efficient duo.

Fourth outing of the Goodfellas' Smile Abysso Shaving Soap & ASL duo which provided me with another exceptional shave the lathering performance of the shaving soap is superb providing a great slick protective wonderfully scented lather in a short space of time. The matching ASL finishes the shave off excellently.

Another enjoyable close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

My face is feeling cool smooth, & smelling divine. 😉

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. 😎

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_7032.jpeg

1) Portugal: Brush Semogue Heriditas Boar.
2) Turkey: Shaving Soap Arko.
3) England: Razor Gillette Flat Bottom Tech.
4) China: Eazor Blade Rhino Stainless.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Poland: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Skin and Stubble Balm.
7) USA: Cologne Jovan Musk.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Tuesday, August 29th 2023

Razor : Yaqi Sentinel 1.5mm V1 316 SSP with a Chippendale handle (Darwin looking)- Mfg 2022>, mild to tame mid range. Machining and finish QC are top notch. I use a shallow angle(riding the cap) works well with this razor that other fellows have also mentioned, riding the bar works but not as smooth & close a shave IMO! Had a close shave this morning with no issues.
Blade : Kai SS extra wide(10) sharp and smooth with excellent longevity. Will always have a tuck of Kai SS in the Den.
Soap : Razorock "The dead Sea", nice unique scent with excellent lather qualities. One of my favorite addictive soap scents!
Brush : Yaqi "Aqua" 24mm 3band high mountain badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Interesting handle with a ever so slight prickly feeling every once in a while, very enjoyable brush.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock "The Dead Sea" AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)2 template 10.1.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent close shave morning with my Yaqi Sentinel 1.50 mm V1 316 SSP with a Kai extra wide. Great combination of razor and blade for excellent shaving IMO.
SOTD August 29 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom