What's new

SOTD - April 5, 2010 through April 11, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday: Merkur38C (Feather),Simpson Keyhole2 best, D.R.Harris almond shavingcream,Proraso aftershav balm, scent: Amouage Dia

proxy.php

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Sunday

6/8 "Silver Fisher" German Blade
Tony Miller 3" Latigo Heirloom Strop
Simpson 2 Band Fading Lampblack T4
Geo. F. Trumper Rose Shaving Soap
Alum Block from local Indian Grocery
Alt Innsbruck

Sunday

Razor:Ti Silverwing II
Brush:Rooney Emillion
SC:e-shave rose
A/S:e-shave white tea with shea butter
EDT: Aqua di Parma, Colonia

Saturday

Razor: Merkur HD
Blade: Derby (1)
Brush: Omega Boar
Soap/Cream: Omega
A/S: Polo

Sunday

Razor: Merkur HD
Blade: Derby (2)
Brush: Altesse Badger
Soap/Cream: Col. Conk Lime
A/S: Royall Lyme

Saturday...got busy and forgot to post yesterday:

Simpson Astor LE
D.R. Harris Lavender soap
Gillette Flare Tip SS with Gillette Platinum blade
Thayer's Lavender witch hazel w/ alcohol
Nivea Sensitive AS Balm
Creed Vetiver (1948)

I think I've gotten spoiled using the new EJ/Muhle three piece razor heads. For me, they deliver about the best DE shave of anything I have used.

That's Paris, Denmark, right? Not Paris, France or Paris, Texas.

:biggrin1: Yes it is Paris, Denmark. 9 houses, so it's not classified as a village (anymore) hence the blue sign, that indicates it is a named place but without city limits.
In fact I can go from Paris to Rome in about 10 minutes, another 45 minutes and I can reach Hamburg and another hour or so and I'm in America, all done without leaving the country - it's a small world :biggrin1:

Razor: 7/8 Henckels Friodur
Brush: Penworks
Soap: Valobra
Aftershave: Alum Block / GFT Coral Skinfood
Cologne: Parfums de Nicolai - Nicolai Pour Homme

proxy.php

Razor: 7/8 Henckels Friodur
Brush: Penworks
Soap: Valobra
Aftershave: Alum Block / GFT Coral Skinfood
Cologne: Parfums de Nicolai - Nicolai Pour Homme

proxy.php

Awesome shot Mark and beautiful Friodur. I can see the polished bevel on the blade; awesome!:w00t:

QUOTE=shm;2006115]This weekend has (so far) seen some really nice shave set-ups and equally photos :thumbup:, thank you Gentlemen.

Now, the sun is shining, the wind isn't too bad so after the shave I'm going to give my motorbike a run and see if I can scare some children and old ladies :wink2: :lol:
proxy.php

Sunday

Custom Made Scuttle
Edwin Jagger Silvertip
Ern 6/8" Straight

T&H Luxury Shaving Soap
Møller's Aloe & Witch Hazel
Christian Dior Fahrenheit After Shave Lotion

Have a nice Sunday Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php
[/QUOTE]

Beautiful country for riding the motorbike in Soren! It's getting riding weather here in Oregon as well and the open road is calling me and my Cruiser! Ride Safe brother! Just had a thought (always a scarry situation in my case) ....the country there looks like Illinois in the springtime and yes there is a "Paris" Illinois as well! :wink2:[

Last edited:
SOTD Sunday April 11, 2010

1890's Theme Shave this morning.

Razor: Slack & Grinold - Bath Works Sheffield Circa 1892
Soap/Mug: Mitchell's Wool Fat - 1893 Formula
Brush: Col Conk Barbershop Badger
ASB: Dickinson's Witch Hazel - circa Cambrian era
Aftershave: Lustray (Pinaud/Clubman) Coachman - circa 1890's

Awesome shave this morning! :thumbup: First shave with the S & G was outstanding! Thanks Chris! (Alabamalawyer) The professionally honed edge on this beautiful razor was so smooth I didn't know I was shaving. Quite a difference from MY HONING that got a "shavable" edge but left a lot to be desired. It's good to discover that it wasn't so much my shaving techniques that sucked but my honing skills that are deficient. Looks like I will be sending my "Antique Store finds" out to get a professional edge put on them for sure! :wink2:

(I clicked up one for the few days growth and the fact that when I did my lip... it didn't "feel" like I was shaving)

This sounds like a pressure issue. I wonder if it was the in-shave feedback that made you unconsciously add a little too much pressure. I always have to make a conscious effort to take light strokes. I have a very unforgiving Merkur Futur with a Feather blade set at level 4. It tells me *instantly* when I need to ease up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom