What's new

SOTD - April 5, 2010 through April 11, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh, azmark:

After getting the thumbs up from Chris (alabamalawyer) I purchased the Domenico Caraceni shaving cream and today was my first shave with it. In terms of shaving efficacy, without exaggeration, it may be the finest shaving cream I have ever used. It's latherability, slickness and cushion is second to none. Up until now Castle Forbes set the standard for creams for me. The scent, however, will have to grow on me. It's definitely not love at first whiff. To me the cream has a strong scent of honey which lingers after shaving. It's not offensive but unique. I will have to get used to it because the other characteristics of the cream make up for any hesitancy I have of the scent. Also it's damn expensive at $60. It's a huge tub though at 8.5 oz. LuckyScent is the only vendor I am aware of selling it at this time. If you guys want samples let me know with a pm. I'm happy to oblige. :thumbup1:

Oh so it doesn't match the fragrance scent:confused1? I get a nice rose scent from the cologne and it is a nice cologne.

The way I smell it, the cream is pretty close to the cologne.

+1, to me it's a dead ringer for the cologne. The performance seems identical to the Charles Tyrwhitt as well as the Xpec (that i used a couple of times) a unique cream base that works very well and holds a phenomenal scent.

Sunday

Mekur 39C Slanthammer
Crystal IP (2)
Omega 80056
Boots Soap
Alum
Witch Hazel
One Planet AB
One Planet AS

WOW shave #2 completed with the slant, this razor shaves you so close its unreal, a BBS was had. The One Planet post shave gear is a cheap as chips and I quite like it the AB & AS both have a natural zingy smell about them, perfect for this time of year :001_wub:.

Have a nice and pleasant day Gents.

Tony

IV.11.2010
Sunday:

Slim Adjustable w/ Super-Max (3)
Semogue 1450 boar
Monsavon SS
Speick AS
[Speick EdC]

Radio: La Tribune des Critiques de Disques (France musique): BACH, Goldberg Variations (harpsichord)

Cheers,
Vasco

proxy.php

I received an engraved shaving bowl from Ray at Gentlemen's Best yesterday and promptly loaded it with a new puck of T+H Classic Soap

Sunday Shave

T+H Classic Soap
Dovo 5/8 Straight
My old badger brush
Speick ASB
Hermes Terre d'Hermes Cologne

proxy.php

Dirty Bird Scuttle
Gillette Senator Open Comb w/RPIP (1)
Shavemac D01

Proraso Pre/Post
Acqua di Parma Shave Cream
Nivea Sensitive ASB
L'Occitane Cade Splash

Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille

No picture today. In a bit of a hurry today, even though it is a Sunday.....

It's been a while, as I've been concentrating on the SE and Injector razors. When I opened up the pack of Gillette Spoilers, I found an S2 date code, 1972. Still as good a shave as I've had from any modern blade. They sure knew how to make them in those days, etc.

Just realized that 1972 was about the time I started shaving. I probably used blades much like these.

Last edited:
This weekend has (so far) seen some really nice shave set-ups and equally photos :thumbup:, thank you Gentlemen.

Now, the sun is shining, the wind isn't too bad so after the shave I'm going to give my motorbike a run and see if I can scare some children and old ladies :wink2: :lol:
proxy.php

Sunday

Custom Made Scuttle
Edwin Jagger Silvertip
Ern 6/8" Straight

T&H Luxury Shaving Soap
Møller's Aloe & Witch Hazel
Christian Dior Fahrenheit After Shave Lotion

Have a nice Sunday Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

It's been a while, as I've been concentrating on the SE and Injector razors. When I opened up the pack of Gillette Spoilers, I found an S2 date code, 1972. Still as good a shave as I've had from any modern blade. They sure knew how to make them in those days, etc.

Just realized that 1972 was about the time I started shaving. I probably used blades much like these.

Nice pic.

Veleiro Pre-shave Soap
Gada Marine Shaving Cream
Semogue 1305 Brush
Filarmonica «Especial Para Barbas Duras» Straight Razor
Musgo Real After Shave Balm

proxy.php

Sunday Evening:

Razor: 38c
Blade: Lord Super Stainless (1)
Cream: Speick
Brush: Omega Boar 10019
A/S: Wahl bay Rum
ASB: Gaia Organic

Sunday 11-04-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Semogue 830 - 1958 TV Gillette SS Rocket - BIC #1 - Nivea like pre - Irish Moos - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASL Pashana + 444.

proxy.php

Razor : Gillette Super Speed flare tip Z-2
Blades : Derby
Brush : Chetkprom
Shaving cream : Karo Classic
Aftershave balm : Nivea Sensitive

DB brush scuttle
Merkur HD LH- Merkur SS
Silvertip BB
AOS Sandalwood SC
Dickinson's WH
C.O. Bigelow- Elixir Red ASB