What's new

So...Whats for breakfast?

A mix of three cereals (a rice one, a wheat one, and a bran one) topped with milk, vanilla yogurt, a handful of oats, and sliced banana. Also green tea. Mmm.

Malt o Meal with butter and maple syrup.

I've been liking tart flavors lately, so I subbed in buttermilk as 1/2 the liquid. It was indeed tart, as if there were a new sourdough Malt o Meal flavor.

You saw it here first, Kellogg's.

Roger

Low-fat organic yogourt with banana, blueberries, sliced almonds, plain oatmeal, a little honey, vanilla whey powder, flax seeds

Yummyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :001_cool:

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
We had a silly combination today and it was deluxe and non-deluxe all at the same time. I rushed around getting coffee on and putting away last night's dishes. I threw on a pot of water to get boiling . . . and a fry pan . . . when the water was boiling I added some asparagus . . .snapping them to separate the tender from the tough. Oh . . and by that time I was scrambling eggs and making toast . . . (one gets good at multitasking by necessity)

In between all this . . . I mixed some cheese whiz and milk . . . nuked it. . . and when the toast popped up . . buttered it . . .

result . . . asparagus on toast with cheese sauce and scrambled eggs.

Better than what I've had at any restaurant.

Mike

Batchelor breakfast (wife was away last night and won't be in until the afternoon)

Two eggs, softly scrambled
Irish/English style bacon (from Whole Paycheck), 2 pieces
Two slices of multigrain toast, lightly buttered
Frank Cooper's Oxford Strawberry Conserve
Cup of coffee #2

Jowl bacon, basted eggs and sourdough toast with apricot jam.

The bacon is also known as guanciale and is the preferred meat for such pasta dishes as amatriciana and carbonara. This is the first time I've got it from the CSA with which I just subscribed. Very tasty stuff. The slices rendered their fat much more completely than does typical bacon, leaving just a tasty amount on the slice and plenty of fat for later frying.

The thing I like best about basted eggs is that they deliver everything I like about soft boiled eggs, especially the soft texture - without the overly gooey whites and the shell to contend with. Well, that and you can fry them in bacon fat.

Roger

Last edited:
For your consideration-
French bread french toast.

proxy.php

Thanks Chris!

Ah nothing beats Canadian maple syrup eh? It's one of the three things we Canadians give as gifts to visiting internationals, or if we are visiting abroad.

TheShaun

Bejeweled
French Canadian breakfast.

In your best Quebcqois accent: Two eggs side by each, bacon parallel, and a pair of toast.

My personal favorite, english muffin with ham, egg, and cheese. I don't eat it much because it's so unhealthy. My favorite regular breakfast is oatmeal with walnuts and crazins... healthy, and keeps you full for hours.

This morning, it was a sandwich made with one egg + two egg whites, mixed with some flaxseed, fried up till it's still a tad raw, and served on wheat bread with some salsa and a piece of ham :001_smile

Usually it's a shake made with oatmeal, milk, and peanut butter with some fruit though. Today I cut myself a break :laugh:

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
This will be for breakfast in the AM

Fresh Made/Handmade Buttermilk Biscuits
Fresh Grits
Sawmill Gravy
Jimmy Dean Sausage
Basted Eggs
Sweet Tea

Cooking for 5 so wish me luck :)

This will be for breakfast in the AM

Fresh Made/Handmade Buttermilk Biscuits
Fresh Grits
Sawmill Gravy
Jimmy Dean Sausage
Basted Eggs
Sweet Tea

Cooking for 5 so wish me luck :)

Sounds great! What are basted eggs? I've never heard of them.

Top Bottom