What's new

Simpson's now offering boar

I personally found this brush disappointing and very underwhelming. I don’t want to bang up on Simpson too much, because the badger brushes I have (CH2’s & D3 Manchurians) are incredible and I don’t want a cheap boar to over shadow those brushes. With that said, my boar has a bad glue bump, it has shed about a dozen hairs and is not stuffed adequately. I understand it sells at a low price point, but other brush makers are putting out very good boars at just about the same price.

I am a huge Simpson fanboy. I own a dozen Simpson badgers in all hairs and love them all. Amazing brushes.

I just received my two Simpson boars… and they are garbage. One has a 3/4” glue bump and the other? Just crap. Both shed like crazy.

Yes, they are inexpensive but a $5 pharmacy Omega is better.

Spend the extra $10 for a real boar brush From Zenith or Semogue.

Shame on Simpson for releasing these at any price.

the Zenith below has been used a few times and the Simpsons were just quickly soaked and lathered once. I will try both, but I expect they will be binned. I wouldn’t even PIF these disasters.

IMG_7060.jpeg
IMG_7058.jpeg

Last edited:

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
@Champion of Capua @SharpieB

Thanks for your feedback, guys. I'm glad I let someone else go first :lol1:

I'm a fan of Simpson (and Vulfix) badgers too. I think I have bought fifteen of their budget brushes (10 Simpson and 5 Vulfix) over the last two years, and there were only two that underwhelmed me, but they're still usable. They just weren't to my preferences. The rest have either been very good or excellent.

Hopefully this is just teething problems, and they'll get the wrinkles ironed out.

I was trying to hold back a little, but you nailed it! I actually do like the handle though, might pull the knot and see where it takes me

The handles are from Vulfix's catalogue of handle shapes. I've seen them with other knots in, and Vulfix logos on. I forget the model/serial numbers... I think the larger one is a three digit number beginning with three... but can't remember exactly.

I am a huge Simpson fanboy. I own a dozen Simpson badgers in all hairs and love them all. Amazing brushes.

I just received my two Simpson boars… and they are garbage. One has a 3/4” glue bump and the other? Just crap. Both shed like crazy.

Yes, they are inexpensive but a $5 pharmacy Omega is better.

Spend the extra $10 for a real boar brush From Zenith or Semogue.

Shame on Simpson for releasing these at any price.

the Zenith below has been used a few times and the Simpsons were just quickly soaked and lathered once. I will try both, but I expect they will be binned. I wouldn’t even PIF these disasters.

View attachment 1760098View attachment 1760099
:( I trust your judgment.

Top Bottom