What's new

Simpson's now offering boar

Nice to see a boar offering from Simpson. Keen pricing too

I note that the handles are the Vase and Traditional designs that they produce for TOBS. I wonder if we'll see these brushes in Jermyn St. soon...?

Last edited:

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Hopefully they spent some time figuring out what would make a good brush through testing and feedback. I’m interested.

Well, Vulfix (the parent company) have made both boar and mixed hair knots over the years, so this isn't really their first dance with this hair type. I don't have a Vulfix boar brush, but I do like my mixed hair Vulfix Mayfair 403.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Well, Vulfix (the parent company) have made both boar and mixed hair knots over the years, so this isn't really their first dance with this hair type. I don't have a Vulfix boar brush, but I do like my mixed hair Vulfix Mayfair 403.
I’m optimistic. I have an old boar that Vulfix produced for the Col. Conk brand decades ago. It’s an awesome little brush with specs very similar to the Farringdon at 19mm. A well proportioned brush at this size works very well for me.

It is funny, but I'd visited Simpsons website just a day or two before the boars were released looking for...boars. LOL

I nearly wrote them ask "why" they don't have bristle brushes. Perhaps they are "mind-readers?"

I don't believe these are Simpsons first boar brushes, as I've seen photos of some vintage boars from their catalogue. But...

Anyway, this is encouraging news.

Bill

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I have read that Simpson formerly produced boar brushes in large volumes and have seen some examples although it is possible they were reknotted. It seems odd though that a greater number do not survive.

1699544055221.png

Simpson.jpg

Simpson of old definitely did boar brushes. Likely David Carter Era even. I had a boar for awhile but got rid of it. Try to limit myself to what I will use. It had no yellowing, and had lampblack lettering. Looked consistent with what I have had and have still of David Carter era. I've seen butterscotch Simpson boar too.

Simpson boar with lampblack lettering no yellowing.jpg

Top Bottom