What's new

Simpson Chubbies Help

I'm looking into purchasing a CH2 in Super or CH3 in Best. Just can't make up my mind...not sure which one to go with. I would like some input from you gentlemen. I read the review on the CH3 and can't go wrong with the CH3...but is it excessive? Is the CH2 in Super a better value? I know there is a large size difference between them.

I like to use creams and lather in a bowl. I currently use a Shavemac 21mm in Finest.

You are currently using 21mm brush so either way you look at it going to be a big jump in knot size with either the Chubby 2 or Chubby 3 . I mean big!!

I would recommend you go with the CH2 since it will be a bit more manageable size. The CH3 is a big brush and I would only recommend it if you think you can handle the size:cool:

Me I like big brushes but I am in the minority.

I have the CH2 and CH1 both in Best. I am looking to get a CH3 in Best..like Amyn, I am a big brush fan.

If you can swing it, why not try the CH3? If you don't like it, I'm sure you can sell it here if you find it just too much.

Having said that, I prefer Best over Super...I'm just not that into "scritchy" brushes, but I would love to have a CH2 in Super just to try.

Thanks everyone for suggestions. I think I would like big brushes...I would assume the lather stays hydrated in the bristles of a large brush and easier to work the lather?

In a larger brush like this...would I really notice between the Super and Best?

Sounds to me like the CH3 is the King Kong of brushes. Can't really tell how big the CH3 is based on the picture (not sure where my Shavemac 21mm would look like compared to the Chubbies)
proxy.php

Top Bottom