What's new

Shaveabuck.com?

I made an order mid Nov. After repeated emails I get a electronic shipping notification - "shipping info sent" - but not the item yet. VERY frustrating. I have NEVER had a single reply from "Joe".
Com'on Joe - you have great deals, don't spoil it with slow shipping... specially at Christmas.

shave a buck got my order wrong 3 times, I'm still waiting for my refund.....

sadly this his is the worst online experience I've had in a long time. Buyers beware...

Shave a buck, worst communication - there seems to be consensus and many who will put up with it.

i was one of them until they messed up my order, they have never shipped me the correct product and in the end they promised my money back which I never got....

so stupid me for ordering from this shop

I've have overall bad experience with shaveabuck. They got my order wrong 3 times and never refunded my money, I just gave up.

my other 2 transactions where fine but no communication and slow delivery.

i hate to say it but I would stay away

I did receive my order today. Put the order in on December 3rd, 6 days later emailed asking if it had shipped as I had not received notice, received ship notice on the 12th - and received it today on the 15th. A TTO-16 razor, 2 packs of shark blades and voshkod 5 pack - packed well and delivered 12 days later. An extra 5 pack of Bali blades thrown in.

I ordered from Italian Barber last Wednesday, December 10th and received that order today as well. I received tracking info for this order and was able to sign up for notifications from USPS - adding as comparison.

I did receive my order today. Put the order in on December 3rd, 6 days later emailed asking if it had shipped as I had not received notice, received ship notice on the 12th - and received it today on the 15th. A TTO-16 razor, 2 packs of shark blades and voshkod 5 pack - packed well and delivered 12 days later. An extra 5 pack of Bali blades thrown in.

I ordered from Italian Barber last Wednesday, December 10th and received that order today as well. I received tracking info for this order and was able to sign up for notifications from USPS - adding as comparison.

"Ordered on the 3rd and received on the 15th",that's 12 days,and that would be acceptable to me....The growing number of posts indicating long waits,no shipping tracking links,no communication and faulty orders usually means 1 guy is trying to do the work of 2,rather than hire help.

Now that I know what to expect - I would not mind ordering again, but the experience is so different than most vendors today for anything. There are likely some enhancements that can be made to automate some of the process after the order is received and still provide communication without adding a lot of additional work.

Some simple tweaks would likely eliminate a lot of the posts where people would not buy again and lead to increased business from returning customers and from people scared off after researching the business on sites like this and on google.

Good prices, good shipping but no small things like tracking and response to questions that people have come to expect for someone running an online business.

"Ordered on the 3rd and received on the 15th",that's 12 days,and that would be acceptable to me....The growing number of posts indicating long waits,no shipping tracking links,no communication and faulty orders usually means 1 guy is trying to do the work of 2,rather than hire help.

Ordered on the 2nd.
Packing slip printed on the 11th.
Postmarked on the 13th.
Package received on the 17th.

We had received a payment receipt notification pretty much immediately, so that was about ten days with no updates or email replies. We did finally receive shipping confirmation once it was postmarked... 11 days after placing our order.

An nine-day gap between an order being placed and printed is unacceptable for a small mom-and-pop business. And, if orders are backed up so far to put them that far behind, then priority #1 should be communication.

After all is said and done, my order arrived as promised and in good condition, but I'll still not be ordering from shaveabuck.com in the future.

I've been thinking about doing some ordering from Shaveabuck, Sabi (Cadet) razors and brushes, It seems their brushes are mostly silvertip? @ $30 ?? and 100 pack of Rapira blades, I know I'd like the blades but I've never dealt with Shaveabuck, Please advise.

Last edited:
I've never had any issues with shave-a-buck. I don't have any experience with their cadet/sabi razors though, but I've seen many posts of people who like them.

The Cadet razors are the same Indian produced razors as Pearl, HTGAM, Razorock, Maggard, etc. So any reviews of those razors will apply to Cadet as well. The main difference between them are handles and sometimes laser engraving. Shipping from Shave-a-buck has been pretty fast for me - no issues.

To tack on to Jame's comment above, Cadet razors are sold in under many different brand names.

I have bought extensively from Shave-a-buck over the years and have noticed a very dramatic dropoff in service this past year with a few orders. With one order taking almost a full month. I don't know if I will be buying from them in the future which is sad for me because they offered great service for many years.

I don't have direct experience with the SABI brushes, but do own a SABI T1 and T2 and think that they are fine razors. Some folks found the corners to be to pointy, or not rounded like other razors, but they are famous for having wonderful handles. I happen to like the heads as well as the handles, but that's me.

Regarding sources other than Shave-A-Buck, I can't speak to Maggard or HTGAM (which is now renamed Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements, but RazoRock is out of stock of their original Lil'Bastogne and Jaws razor. Chicago Shaving still has some under the "Pearl" brand name in the $20 range.

Rapira blades can be purchased from Italian Barber (shipping may be cheaper purchasing them from Italian Barber's ebay page).

Although it's a bit of a pain, the Cadet/Pearl open comb razors are my most used razor followed by their safety bar razor.

I have ordered from Shaveabuck a few times and received no communication but my orders arrived in a week.
I like the Sabi heads. Nicely aggressive. About a 6 on my Slim. They are the same as the Mariner. I ordered one to compare.

Thanks guys. I was just curious about Shaveabuck, They seemed to be the only one selling Rapira blades in U.S. As far as razors, I'm pretty well set, I was more interested in the brushes but rethinking about a Silvertip for $30 or $50 seems like a bit of buyer be ware. I did some research on Italian Barber, Their website stated that U.S. orders are shipped from Niagara Falls N.Y. short trip to Maine.

I order 100 Voskhod razor blades in October. Despite getting a email stating they had been shipped, I never received them. Sent 2 eamils about it, but never received a reply. I filed a complaint with Paypal and got a refund. Won't buy from him again

Hi all. I've been a lurker here for a long time; sorry I haven't posted in the Newbies' forum yet (I've been waiting for a good opportunity for a photo-shoot with my stuff :tongue_sm). I wanted to post this because it is a more immediate concern to me.

I found a problem with the Sabi T1 that was sent in my order from Shaveabuck.com about a month ago. It appears that the hole in the handle is not straight relative to the handle's axis, so that when a head is attached, it sits at a significant angle (~10 degrees). I checked it with my other heads just to make sure I wasn't imagining it, but the result was the same. It's just a defective handle, pure and simple.

Long story short, I e-mailed Joe to attempt an exchange, and he has not responded to any of 4 messages that I have sent him over the past few weeks. Needless to say, I am a little disappointed by this. Has anyone else had any problems with Sabi QC or Shave-A-Buck's service lately? Is he even fulfilling orders? I know the site's reputation, but regardless, if I don't hear anything back from him by the weekend, I think I'll write him off my list of trusted vendors. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Last edited:
Top Bottom