What's new

Shaveabuck.com?

Great to hear! I hope there are more (hate to say it, but..) 'happy endings' out there. I honestly think Joe's a good guy going through a bad patch - though that does not excuse everything, it may help to explain it.

-s

Ordered 200 Voskhod's (Have I spelt that right) to BC Canada a few weeks ago, and got them 10 days later. Over an international border that's pretty darn good in my books. Happy repeat customer

Ordered 200 Voskhod's (Have I spelt that right) to BC Canada a few weeks ago, and got them 10 days later. Over an international border that's pretty darn good in my books. Happy repeat customer
For the overwhelming majority of transactions, Joe is really good. The problems arise if there is a need for communication, at least IME. He seems to be a really good guy, just not so good at dealing with emails and PMs.

For the overwhelming majority of transactions, Joe is really good. The problems arise if there is a need for communication, at least IME. He seems to be a really good guy, just not so good at dealing with emails and PMs.

Not to dispute your point, there seem to be many who back it up, and I have no doubt it can be all too true - all too often. Just to add a contrasting experience. I've only had reason to contact Joe one time, regarding an item that was out of stock, looking for a restock window. My email (to him, as he asks people to do, not the form that pops up on his 'Contact' page) was answered in ~ 10 minutes - the answer being, he would unfortunately, not be restocking it due to shipping/import hassles (it was an A/S with alcohol in it..).
The reason I thought this was worth adding is twofold - One, there are two ways to email him, and he asks for people to only use the one, due to issues with the other. Just wondering if people are using the correct one*.
Two, I thought he went somewhat out of his way in answering me - it was a question about an item he did not have in stock and knew he was not going to be getting it back in stock again. Another words, he had very little incentive to get back to me, yet he did, and quickly to boot!

So anyway, just wanted to add that.

-s

* (granted, this should be fixed on the site.)

I also had to contact him just once, and I'm still waiting for a reply. Did not use the form as advised. Tried 3 different emails including the one used in his PayPal account. Nada :(

I, too, emailed him using the email address he instructed to use (not the Contact form on his site) as well as another email address I received in my order confirmation email. I never received a reply. I always try to give a vendor the benefit of a doubt at first. On the positive side, there are many folks here vouching for him, my order arrived promptly and was correct, and he carries some items that are difficult to find elsewhere. But the big negative is *if* there were a problem with my order, I have little confidence I'd be able to make contact with shaveabuck. As it is, I'm locked out of my account on their site due to a password reset problem and it appears no one is going to get back to me to help resolve the issue. I wouldn't go so far as to actively discourage someone from ordering from shaveabuck.com, but I can't help but feel that placing an order there is taking a gamble that the order will be fulfilled correctly and no customer service follow-up will be required. As I mentioned in a prior post, this gets a yellow flag from me and makes me hesitant to conduct further business there.

Last edited:
Have anybody had issues with shaveabuck. I recently order a cadet open comb last Monday and would think I would

had the package by now. The other problem I have is since he does not have a phone # to call and he does not

answer his email there is no way to communicate with him. So I'm not sure how much time I should give him

before I turn it over to paypal

Tony

Took about a week and a half to get to me. Prices are great, but deliveries are done on the back of a turtle.

In other words, patience grasshopper.

I've bought a number of times from Shave-a-buck over the years and like many I'v noticed that the past few months Joe's shipping has been hit or miss as has his communication. Recently I've had shipments arrive quickly, and others take more time.

I came to understand that he had a death in the family that involved someone who was in a long-term illness/caregiver type situation (I have no more information).

The good news is that Cadet open comb is a superb razor and the one I reach for most often. It's worth the wait.

10 days is pretty typical for his fulfillment time.
Communications is not his strong suit. He's also a solo operation, so not a lot of bandwidth.
But, even when he makes mistakes (and he does) he generally makes good.
Hard to beat his prices for good stuff that's great value.

JUst got a reply from shava buck and updated to ship today even though I order it on 11/03

It only took him 9 days I hope that razor is worth it

I ordered 200 blades and a shave stick. It took a little longer than some other vendors, but I still received everything. He even threw in a couple of freebies that I greatly appreciate!

Top Bottom