What's new

ROCCAsolid, brotherhood for lovers of the Mühle Rocca

I just received mine, a R96 to be precise. Then I noticed that wasn't a brotherhood yet for this beautiful and well built razor. I know it has it's following, and for a reason. So this brotherhood should give you ample of space to post your love for this razor.

So feel free to join and post. Here's a photo of my shave from today.

full

Today another lovely shave with my Rocca. Didn't have time for a photo, but will update again during / after the weekend!

Shave 3 with the Rocca and Polsilver stainless blade led to another excellent shave again today. The sample of the Savon Mystere - Giallo soap was a very pleasant treat as well. Will post another photo again soon!

sotd 24-11

After having used the R89 for the past 4 times this week, today was time to pull out its more luxurious and efficient brother (my opinion). Lovely shave today and I love the looks of this razor (and the shaves as well)!
And the PIF'ed blade (see this topic) keeps going, this time in the Rocca.

Mühle Rocca R96
Gillette Platinum (5)
Omega 10019
Body Shop Maca Root & Aloe
Tabac Original AS
Balea Men Energy ASB

full

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
IMG_20231124_224858-1.jpg

365 shaves in 2023
Shave#328 of 365 (100% 37 left)

Razor:
Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: Personna Platinum (6)
Brush: Muhle Rocca R94 STF
Soap: Stirling Sharp Dressed Man
A/S: Davidoff Cool Water
Post Shave: Nivea Hyaluron Creme

Tonight it was time to use a soap that I haven't used in so long I can't remember when I used it last, Stirling Sharp Dressed Man. I decided to use the Rocca brush and razor and to give me that quality shave I paired the Rocca with the Personna Platinum blade. The lather seemed better than I remembered, it was slick, though a bit wet and bubbly. The Rocca gave me a fantastic shave with the Personna blade and I managed a BBS

Mike M

IMG_20231120_134423.jpg

365 shaves in 2023
Shave#331 of 365 (100% 34 left)
Muhle Monday
MdC Monday

Razor:
Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: Personna Platinum (8)
Stand: Muhle Rocca
Soap: MdC Original
A/S: Hai Karate
Post Shave: Nivea Hyaluron Gel

Tonight for Muhle/MdC Monday I decided on the Rocca brush and razor for my MdC Original shave. I loaded the Personna Platinum into the Rocca for its eighth shave. I have to say that using the Rocca stand just seems to lend the shave a sense of class, I know a stand isn't necessary, but it just feels so good to use. I haven't used the Personna Platinum much this year as I've been trying to use my unused varieties, but when I do use it I am reminded of just how great it is. The shave was so close to a BBS as makes no difference. Tonight I used the Nivea Hyaluron Gel as I used the last of the Hyaluron Creme last night and I found it gave great coverage, possibly even better than the creme, but I will reserve judgement until I have used it for a while. I also just fancied using Hai Karate instead of Proraso Green

I didn’t know! And of course @bartje-p :

Date04.12.2023
365 daily shaves
338/365
DecemBOAR03/31
DEcember04/31
Lasta’s Blade Stash09/32

RazorBladeBrush
Mühle Rocca R94Gillette Silver Blue (9)Mühle Rocca Silvertip
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Kox Dutchy Bergamot
Cold splash
Aftershave
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG and touch up
Efficiency
(details here)
Quality / My process
8/10 (~20m)10/10 (Clean)
EffectivenessComfort / Blade condition
8.5/10 (DFS++)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes:

Summary - A slight detour from December, but with Mühle Monday and the gear I received last week I simply had to use them together! Splendid shave to kickstart my week.

Razor and blade - The Rocca is becoming more and more familiar. I believe this is actually the first time I will complete 7 days of shaving with the same razor (not counting the many months with one or two razors when I started - it was so simple back then!). The blade is going on 9 today and shows signs of diminishing returns, but remains comfortable and smooth as ever. Really impressive. Eddison and Gillette Black come to mind for comparison. KCG might too, but it’s actually too long ago since I shaved with that blade. Oops!

Brush and lather - I feel this brush is the best of both worlds. Loads like a boar and feels like a badger. Again exquisite lather with excellent hydration. I need to experiment if I can replicate this with other soaps as well. What I do is bring a damp brush to the soap, load for about 10 seconds and then paint it on my face after a quick shallow dip in water. I then continue building my lather and do a shallow dip twice while continuing to build lather. So far this has worked really well.

Technique - Although more mild to the neck I didn’t use the Gillette Slide today and instead went back to the routine of S-N during XTG. I have the feeling this is still more effective for me. Other patterns were completely similar to earlier shaves. Getting the hang of it!

Enjoy your shave!

Date05.12.2023
365 daily shaves
339/365
DecemBOAR04/31
DEcember05/31
Lasta’s Blade Stash09/32

RazorBladeBrush
Mühle Rocca R94Gillette Silver Blue (10)FNX Barber
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Kox Dutchy Bergamot
Cold splash
Aftershave
Balm

Efficiency
(details here)
Quality / My process
8/10 (~20m)10/10 (Clean)
9/10 (BBS)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes:

Summary - Another excellent shave with the Rocca. Very worthy of being in the office with as was the case yesterday. Final run with this blade got rewarded with a BBS.

For extended shave notes click here.

Enjoy your shave!

Finally time today to pull out the Rocca again. Combined with the 1st use of this blade (see this topic) it led to a very comfortable shave again.

Mühle Rocca R96
Super-Max Blue Diamond (1)
Frank Shaving Pur-tech
Body Shop Maca Root & Aloe
Tabac Original AS
Balea Men Energy ASB

full

Date06.12.2023
365 daily shaves
340/365
DecemBOAR05/31
DEcember06/31
Lasta’s Blade Stash09/32

RazorBladeBrush
Mühle Rocca R94Voshkod (1)Omega 10098
🆕
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Kox Dutchy Bergamot
Cold splash
Aftershave
Balm

Efficiency
(details here)
Quality / My process
8/10 (~20m)10/10 (Clean)
8/10 (DFS)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes:

Summary - Another very fine shave today as I realised this is my 2 year DE shaving anniversary. A great way to celebrate with the Rocca.

Enjoy your shave!

Splendid shave again with the Rocca today, should be good enough to last me 2 days, since I won't be shaving tomorrow. Even the Platinum on it's 7th shave was still a joy in this razor.

I said to my wife, if I had to choose only 1 razor from my small collection, I reckon this would be the one

Mühle Rocca R96
Gillette Platinum (7 en laatste)
Omega 10019
Hendrix Classics & Co - Gunslinger
Tabac Original AS
Balea Men Energy ASB

full

Mike M

IMG_20231223_152909.jpg

365 shaves in 2023
Shave#356 of 365 (100% 9 left)
SV Saturday

Razor:
Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: GSB (8)
Soap: SV 70th Anniversary
A/S: Clinique Happy For Men
Post Shave: Nivea Hyaluron Gel

Tonight for SV Saturday it was the turn of 70th Anniversary to provide the lather, and once again I used the Rocca Razor and brush set because I just love using them. I loaded the GSB into the Rocca for its 8th use (I used it for a week earlier in the year). Whilst I have never found it to be the smoothest blade in the shaveverse it is still decent enough.
It did not give me a BBS finish, but it tends to give up earlier than a lot of blades when it comes to dishing out BBS shaves, but it was still fairly close with only a little rough patch on my neck

Mike M

IMG_20231230_222439.jpg

365 shaves in 2023
Shave#363 of 365 (100% 2 left)
SV Saturday

Razor:
Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: Gillette Sharpedge(15)
Soap: SV Opuntia
A/S: Proraso Green
Post Shave: Proraso Green Balm, Nivea Hyaluron Gel

Tonight for SV Saturday out came the Opuntia and of course I decided on the Rocca set up as I seem to be favouring this more and more for my "quality" shaves. As I mentioned last night I am very happy with my gear and many of my soaps though I still think I have too much everything. The Gillette Sharpedge is starting to lose some of its effectiveness at 15 shaves and I noticed a little extra roughness tonight when I was finished, but not enough yet to bin the blade.

Date01.01.2024
366 daily shaves
001/366

RazorBladeBrush
Mühle Rocca R94RK Stainless (4)Mühle Rocca R94
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Barrister + Mann Leviathan
Cold splash
Aftershave
Balm

Consistency
(details here)
Quality / My process
8/10 (Highly consistent)9/10
(Red spot)
8.5/10
(DFS++)
10/10
(GlideFest)

Notes:

Summary. What a great way to start 2024! A very relaxing and excellent shave with fantastic gear!

Enjoy your shave!

Top Bottom