What's new

Reuzel High Shine Blue Pomade review

ruezel.jpg

I'm using Reuzel High Shine Blue pomade today. This is an orthodox water based pomade advertised as having a high shine. I added 2 scoops of the gel-like Reuzel Blue pomade to my wet hair this morning. When my hair dried, so did the Reuzel Blue. My hair is completely stiff, as if I were using a classic gel. The shine is decent. It's not out of this world good, but it's OK for a pomade. I'm not able to get much volume with my hair. This stuff is heavy, and when it solidifies, your stuck with the style that you applied it with unless wet comb it. The scent of Reuzel Blue is really nice. It's one of the best things about this pomade. My hair feels really stiff with this pomade in it. It's not a big deal. I used gels when I first started out, and this stuff is like going backwards in time.

The ingredients contain no natural wax unfortunately. It has castor oil and a number of chemicals that aren't seen in petroleum based pomades.

I rate Reuzel Blue above Reuzel Red. I like the shine better, and hair seems to look a little more natural. I didn't like the way Reuzel Red took away my natural shine to my blond hair.

This is a good pomade to remove the curl from one's hair. My hair has a slight wave to it normally. After I applied Reuzel Blue pomade to my wet hair, it hardened like cement, leaving my hair straight. That's kind of neat.

Reuzel Blue is supposed to be pliable throughout the day. It wasn't for me. The stuff hardened, giving me helmet hair.

Cost: $9 for 4oz tin. The price for Reuzel Blue is definitely good compared to many of the water based pomades on the market.

Scent: Vanilla wood scent

Hold: Medium. It's advertised a firm hold, but for me, it's a medium.

Ingredients: Water, Ceteareth-25, Ceteareth-20, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, PEG-25 Hydrogated Castor Oil, Polysorbate-20, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, AMP-Acrylates/Allyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Hexyl Cinnamal, Sorbic Acid, Lilial, Lyral, Linalool, Orange 4 (CI 15510).

---

I can't say I like Reuzel Blue pomade. It's too much like a gel for me to want to keep using it. I prefer oil based pomades, as they make my blond hair look a heck of a lot better than Reuzel Blue. Would I purchase Reuzel Blue pomade again. No, I'll never purchase this pomade again. I pretty much hate it. If I was desperate for a hair product, I still wouldn't use this stuff. I don't like anything about it except the scent.

I need to try Reuzel Blue on dry hair. I washed the pomade out this morning. My hair wasn't dried out the way it normally is when I use orthodox water base pomades. That's a plus.

Top Bottom