What's new

Photos of colored j-nats

$1404161633244.jpg$1404161752864.jpg A jnat what I is owning. It is pretty and I like it. I put nail varnish on the kawa as it had a little crack.

$shinden yama8.jpg$iromono.jpg$nakakarasu.jpg
$stripediyoto.jpg
These are my colorful stones. Nothing much to look at but they produce for me. Shinden yama rangue suita, unknown mine but possible nakayama iromono, nakayama karasu, and striped iyoto.

Last edited:
I grow senile. Thought I'd posted these pics last night, but must not have hit the "Submit Reply" button.

Nakayama Iromono that looks like a sister stone to Alex's. Pics of it dry, wet, slurried and then back and sides.$image.jpg$image.jpg$image.jpg$image.jpg

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
A CKTG Nakayama kiita from Takeda: hard, fine, and smooth if slurried with a diamond plate or a soft tomo. It's homogenous except for a tiny mineral line, loaded with nashiji and goma.

Cheers, Steve

Attachments

• $CKTG Wet.jpg
    $CKTG Wet.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 195
  • $CKTG Back.jpg
    $CKTG Back.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 194
  • $Suita Detail Sm-2a.jpg
    $Suita Detail Sm-2a.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 195

Steve56

That overhanging piece would make a nice coffee table!

Nakayama sunashi suita, kiita and white on the harder side, figured kiita on the softer side. Very fine, a good razor hone.

Cheers, Steve$NakSuita-1.jpg

Steve56

Here's a nice little murasaki with a layer of kiita in the middle - looks like a little cake.

Cheers. Steve

Attachments

• $Murasaki.jpg
    $Murasaki.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 154
Nakayama Kiita I just got in. Over 5 inches long, over 1 inch thick and over 3 inches wide. Really nice size for handheld or bench. I basically stole it at price I payed.

Pics are before I chamfered the edges, looks a bit cleaner now.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Alex - Its an Asano stamped piece, I forget if it's stamped tokkyu or Tokkyu Jou

i do use it to hone razors - so I suppose the answer is yes.

Top Bottom