What's new

Personna Comfort Coated?

I bought 100’s of Personna comfort coated on Amazon for 16.40 usd and it wasn’t at all the same as the image being advertised.

Blade being advertised has persona written on the blade but mine has no marking at all.

Could not even tell what blade it is. Are these even persona blades at all?

I just pulled one from the box and they look like used blade up close.

IMG_8643.png
IMG_8641.jpeg
IMG_8642.jpeg

Last edited:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
@WhiskerLess , you might enjoy reading through this thread. I keep up with it but I'm probably more confused now than ever.

@WhiskerLess , you might enjoy reading through this thread. I keep up with it but I'm probably more confused now than ever.

Thanks. I was planning to throw the whole box. Was hesitant to used it.

The new blades coming in USA Comfort Coated box with blades in plain white wrappers and no markings at all on the blade are supposed to be the legit USA blades. The ones that worry me are the ones that some people have received from Amazon in a USA Comfort Coated box but the blades say Personna Platinum Chrome just like the German made blades.

The new blades coming in USA Comfort Coated box with blades in plain white wrappers and no markings at all on the blade are supposed to be the legit USA blades. The ones that worry me are the ones that some people have received from Amazon in a USA Comfort Coated box but the blades say Personna Platinum Chrome just like the German made blades.
Yup - people have been recieving fakes in the Comfort Coated box from Az for months.

Between this and the st Peter'sburg gilletes going the way of the dodo I'm getting a little worried about supplies of reliably sharp blades. Thankfully I have a few hundred silver blues and a thousand lab blues but still

So lab blues are no longer made in Verona, va?

They are, but they've simply been renamed "Accuforge." It seems that there are also 'transition' Lab Blues that are unlabeled on the blade just like the new Accuforges.

"Personna" is a brand name owned by a different firm than the company that owns the Virginia factory, which no longer makes blades using that brand but is continuing both the Lab Blues and the Med Preps under different names.

They are, but they've simply been renamed "Accuforge." It seems that there are also 'transition' Lab Blues that are unlabeled on the blade just like the new Accuforges.

"Personna" is a brand name owned by a different firm than the company that owns the Virginia factory, which no longer makes blades using that brand but is continuing both the Lab Blues and the Med Preps under different names.

Would be nice to know what brand name Virginia factory is using now.

I assume it would be cheaper than Accuforge but performs the same as the old Personna Lab Blues.

I suspect the only difference is that the new blades are not stamped or laser etched. Same factory using the same equipment has been making blades for a very long time and selling them under a number of brands.

Try them before the start telling everyone they are fakes, very likely they are exactly the same blades as before minus the blade markings.

There is no market for junk shaving blades.

Between this and the st Peter'sburg gilletes going the way of the dodo I'm getting a little worried about supplies of reliably sharp blades. Thankfully I have a few hundred silver blues and a thousand lab blues but still
I’ve bought close to 7000 blades last couple months, I just don’t care anymore about reformulations and production changes. It’s what I did for ammo back in 2018-2021, just prepaid for everything I’ll need. And with the inflation where it’s been, I’d rather swap cash for something of tangible value.

I got about 1000 each of Permasharps, GSBs, Gillette Platinums and USA Personnas.

I’ve bought close to 7000 blades last couple months, I just don’t care anymore about reformulations and production changes. It’s what I did for ammo back in 2018-2021, just prepaid for everything I’ll need. And with the inflation where it’s been, I’d rather swap cash for something of tangible value.

I got about 1000 each of Permasharps, GSBs, Gillette Platinums and USA Personnas.
That’s the right way to do it! Worst case scenario and you need the money in the future you can offload some blades on the BST or bay. They will hold their value better then the dollar will.

I already have quite a bit of my favorites but am working on getting a couple hundred each of blades I might want to use in the future. And after that, a couple hundred more, and so forth until the market dries up.

Razor blades are relatively cheap and you can fit thousands in a tote! I have a clear tote with gasket around the lid that works great. I also put them in zip-lok bags per date. If I order 400 Astra SP from one place I’ll mark the bag “Razor Blades Club, Astra SP, Date 02-23-21”. I often mark the individual 100 pack boxes on the top as well for easy identification when looking down inside the tote.

Would be nice to know what brand name Virginia factory is using now.

I assume it would be cheaper than Accuforge but performs the same as the old Personna Lab Blue
The Verona factory has been AccuTec for years -- They made the Comfort Coated for Personna. AccuTec continues to make the exact same blades but are labeled AccuForge.
The Personna Med Preps are now called AccuThrive.

I just received a 100 pack of the USA-made Personna blades the OP mentions. I purchased them online from the Big “A”. Plain white wrapper and no branding or marking on blade but great shave. I was concerned about counterfeiting but I believe these are packaged in a way to reduce manufacturing costs. I post updates if the shave quality deteriorates.

That’s the right way to do it! Worst case scenario and you need the money in the future you can offload some blades on the BST or bay. They will hold their value better then the dollar will.

I already have quite a bit of my favorites but am working on getting a couple hundred each of blades I might want to use in the future. And after that, a couple hundred more, and so forth until the market dries up.

Razor blades are relatively cheap and you can fit thousands in a tote! I have a clear tote with gasket around the lid that works great. I also put them in zip-lok bags per date. If I order 400 Astra SP from one place I’ll mark the bag “Razor Blades Club, Astra SP, Date 02-23-21”. I often mark the individual 100 pack boxes on the top as well for easy identification when looking down inside the tote.

My wife asks why I have so many blades and I say "when the shavepocalypse hits"

Top Bottom