What's new

Yet another Personna / AccuTec thread.

So I did some digging in an attempt to clarify the current Personna / AccuTec branding change and present some accurate and current information. Neither of these brands did, or currently cater to the 'public' hence website information is sparse and commerical/industrial orientated. Part numbers were found in sales catalogs and also contained the most accurate product specifications. While I spent a lot of time on various sites, I chose not to provide links here as I believe it is against the rules, and would go against the 'just the facts, ma'am' information I'm trying to provide. I included the lowest prices I came across as a reference, none of them are from wet-shaving sites, and shipping or minimums (if any) are not factored.
I have no skin in the game other than these are my 'desert island' blades and likely are for many here on B&B. I've done my best to cross reference and double check accuracy - please chime in if any errors are substantiated.

Med Prep / AccuThrive - individually wrapped

Old: Personna #74-0002-0000 Med Prep, “Surgical Prep Blade”
New: Accu Thrive# AVBL-3002-0000 Stainless Steel Surgical Prep Blades

Both these can be had in the USA from medical/blade supply houses. Price $85 box of 250 (0.34/ea)

Comfort Coated (aka Lab Blue) / AccuForge - individually wrapped

Old: Personna #60-0257-0000 .. Co-labeled BP9020 on the box bottom.
New: Accu Forge: #AGBL 6000-0000

Both these can be had in the USA from medical/blade supply houses. Price $45 box of 250 (0.17/ea)

Tips for those playing along:
* blade making is a huge industry - wetshaving blades are a tiny fraction. They sell these things in chunks of 5000 at a time.
* Search using part numbers and Ye shall be Released to source the blade you want to buy 1000's of... 'just in case'
* Personna by AccuTech was a branding used for a few years until AccuTech decided to make the full shift.
* The Personna still exists, but has nothing to do with the current AccuTec part numbers referenced.
* Timing on branding and packaging changes is information I was unable to find in any official capacity therefore is omitted.
* YouTube is a tremendously terrible source of accurate information.
* 'Lab Blue' is exclusively a fan moniker, and misused often - It was never used by either brand... ever.
* Wet-shaving website pricing is approximately double of the supply houses.
* Both brands sold/sell an unlabeled 'barber blade' in several configurations (uncoated, coated, oiled, degreased etc.) for white labeling/bulk/rebranding. They are not the same blades as the branded ones. However, as far as I could discern, these too are mfg. in Verona, VA

Last edited:
I'm glad you included the 'Lab Blue' tag about it being a fan-created nickname.

I like the 'old' med preps, but probably not enough to drop the money on them that the market wants to ask for. The pricing may change if more vendors start sourcing them for shaving use. I'll see how things shake out.

So I did some digging in an attempt to clarify the current Personna / AccuTec branding change and present some accurate and current information. Neither of these brands did, or currently cater to the 'public' hence website information is sparse and commerical/industrial orientated...

I've been able to buy the older Personna "Lab Blues" in packs of 100 from barber supply shops. Prices were around $13.50 with coupon.

Are you saying these blades (or equivalent) aren't going to be sold to the barber trade in the future? Hard to believe AccuTec would abandon that business. I'd rather not buy 250 at a time and pay extra to get them from a medical supply shop.

I've been able to buy the older Personna "Lab Blues" in packs of 100 from barber supply shops. Prices were around $13.50 with coupon.

Are you saying these blades (or equivalent) aren't going to be sold to the barber trade in the future? Hard to believe AccuTec would abandon that business. I'd rather not buy 250 at a time and pay extra to get them from a medical supply shop.
Yeah, the Personna Comfort Coated (aka Lab Blues) are/were available in boxes of 100 - I have a few hundy myself.
I can't speak for what AccuTec will do in the future as the new branding gets rolled out, but as of now I have only found the AccuThrive (Med-Prep) and the AccuForge sold in smaller increments on one or two shave sites. I ordered 100 Med-Preps last year and they came in a ziploc bag :mad:. The AccuTec catalog advertises box and case qty (250 and 5000 respectively) and the medical/scientific supply places I found sell boxes of 250, however for about half the price as the shave sites.

On a side note,a friend ordered Personna CC off the Big River site and while the box was the one we are all familiar with, the blades inside were either Personna Platinums or well done fakes ... the bladed delivered a terrible shave and he sent them back.

How come @maz0n doesn't sell any of the new Accu..... Personna blades?......I guess they first need to sell the millions of old Personna blades still in many dark humid "bodegas"......:eek2::letterk1:

Thanks, that is even more expensive than Feather and Kai......inflation...... I guess I"ll finish my Russian blades and if still alive.....worry about something else.....
Tempted by personna

That link is for the replacement, in name only, for the Med Preps. Those were always more expensive.
The Lab Blues (Comfort Coated, White Wrapper, Blue Box) are still under $17 for 100. Why not buy those - they're the same 🤬blade as the new rebranded sku.

Are the Blue Personna Platinum the same as the new Personna Comfort Coated?

The blue platinums are the ones that were made in Israel and now Germany, correct?

All of these seem to be referred to as “Lab Blues”. That nickname makes things confusing

Last edited:
Are the Blue Personna Platinum the same as the new Personna Comfort Coated?
No, different blades.
The blue platinums are the ones that were made in Israel and now Germany, correct?
Yes, they used to be known as "Israeli Reds".
All of these seem to be referred to as “Lab Blues”. That nickname makes things confusing
It can be, but they come in 100 packs, so that makes it easier.

Top Bottom