What's new

Personal best photo

Here are a few of mine
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I am in the three on the left so I obviously didn't take them. I took the two on the right and they are pretty good shots IMHO. From back 25 years ago when I used to do real work. :001_smile

I used to spend a lot of time in the darkroom. I'm missing my favorite film camera a lot since it and the rest of my gear was stolen from me a while back. I haven't been investing much into photography since then. I have managed to pick up a small inexpensive digital to travel with though. The photographic quality and versatility is not on par with my origional equipment. The trade off is for ease and unobtrusiveness. There are some shots I return to look at every now and then with this simple clicker. Here are a couple I like from a recent trip to Bali, Indonesia..

The Early Morning Commute
View attachment 28807
The Bingin Village Store Run
View attachment 28808
Balinese Children
View attachment 28809

I believe my two personal best photos were taken while in China to adopt my youngest daughter.

Green River with Bridges
proxy.php

A visit to Huangguoshu Falls
proxy.php

Many of the news reports from the Olympic games showed the areas around Beijing and how beautiful they are. However, I really think that this poorest province, with its Karst formations and mainly agrarian population, is really the most beuatiful area in the country.

the sea side is lunenburg nova scotia, the barn is in quebec wine country.
lunenburg is a 35mm film, scanned into digital, the barn was a digital converted to b+w

proxy.php

Westminster Abbey, July 17, 2008. HDR (5 exposures, hand-held, so it could be a lot better)

This is my current favorite, mostly because it was my first trip ever overseas, and the U.K. is absolutely enchanted!

cheers,

-- michael

I am in the three on the left so I obviously didn't take them. I took the two on the right and they are pretty good shots IMHO. From back 25 years ago when I used to do real work. :001_smile

heights don't bother me much, but anybody who works high steel is simply amazing! great shots!

Apologies if this is too big, however any smaller than this doesn't do it justice.

proxy.php

BEAUTIFUL! The lighting is amazing. I'd try and crop the photo to get rid of the shirt/cloth on the right. Doing that would definitely make that photo suitable for printing and framing.

Great photo of the trees and gravestones. The lighting is beautiful. Would you mind sharing some of the info re: the image--where it was taken, what camera and lens was used, tripod or handheld, and exposure/shutter speed data. Just a fantastic image.

Thanks for posting it.

Top Bottom