What's new

Parker Variant Problems!

If your happy with it, cool.
Easy there big fellow. Here's a picture of the tilt down to the right about .1mm. that's setting 3.

Pretty sure it's caused by the spring pushing the cap and platen to one side of the handle. I guess Parker could have designed a tighter tolerance but that might result in sticking. I don't think my face notices it at all. Shaves like a dream.

View attachment 719250

Easy there big fellow. Here's a picture of the tilt down to the right about .1mm. that's setting 3.

Pretty sure it's caused by the spring pushing the cap and platen to one side of the handle. I guess Parker could have designed a tighter tolerance but that might result in sticking. I don't think my face notices it at all. Shaves like a dream.

View attachment 719250

See, I'd be happy with one like this. This is minimal compared to my handle issues.

View attachment 719250

Thanks for posting this. After looking at yours, I also noticed mine has the same small degree of tilt in top cap/plate. Looks similar to yours - agree it must be from the design with the spring.

Hasn't effected the shave, so I don't know. I can live with it too.

You're welcome. It's people like us who help companies be aware of their mistakes. Each time we buy, we cast a vote for that product.
Thanks for posting this. After looking at yours, I also noticed mine has the same small degree of tilt in top cap/plate. Looks similar to yours - agree it must be from the design with the spring.

Hasn't effected the shave, so I don't know. I can live with it too.

I had a problem with the spring plate being tilted, but some pressure on it adjusted it to flush and now it's just fine. Fortunatley I didn't have any handle issues and it's now a very enjoyable shave

I had a problem with the spring plate being tilted, but some pressure on it adjusted it to flush and now it's just fine. Fortunatley I didn't have any handle issues and it's now a very enjoyable shave

It seems my Variant has the same tilting to it on the spring plate. How did you get it back flush exactly? I've tried putting pressure on the spring plate but when I adjust it back up it's still tilted. I wonder if this was part of the design or if I should just get a replacement.

Top Bottom