What's new

Palmolive cream….understanding European labeling?

I just purchased a 100 ml tube of Palmolive Men Classic with palm extract.

On the box and tube, there are about a dozen countries listed and and just about as many languages.

There are no ”made in xxxxxx” tags anywhere but “PL-58-100 Swidnica” is set apart from the other writings.

So is it made in Poland, or just packaged or distributed from there?

looks like this:
proxy.php

Depending on where you buy Palmolive creams you may find a whole list of countries listed on the packaging and I tried without success to figure out where the shaving creams they sell in various parts of Europe are actually produced.

For all it is worth, the address shown on the packaging might only be the (legal/administrative) address of the Colgate-Palmolive unit registered in that country. I doubt, however, that Palmolive would produce shaving creams in one country and then have them packed in another.

In the end, I thought that figuring out where a tube of Palmolive shaving cream was manufactured would take more detective efforts than I was prepared to invest, but maybe has someone has done the work already.

But at least Palmolive has standardised the packaging colours somewhat by using green for the Classic cream* and light green for the sensitive cream.* Not too long ago, dark green was used for the Classic cream in most northern European countries, while in some southern countries red was used for the classic and green for the mentholated creams. In some non-European countries totally different colour schemes were used.

IMG_1788.jpeg
IMG_1789.jpeg
IMG_1790.jpeg
IMG_1791.jpeg

B.

* in the Italian market, where red was used for the classic cream packaging, I recently still found some dark green tubes that were labelled as “mentholated”, but this could have been old stock.

Last edited:
Must be why it's sogood. I trued it a few years ago but was not impressed. May be wrong but was German made . Recently bought some and it is top stuff, especially mixed with proraso cream.

My local chemist has them, or at least did last week. Right that's it I'm going to every chemist in the town tomorrow to buy every tube of Palmolive Classic I can find. Now look what you've done!
A chemist near me has a few Palmolive sticks in stock. Not cheap, but still there. I'll have to hunt around more to see if I can find the classic cream. Unless I just pick up a few next time I'm in mainland Europe.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I live in N.Ireland and I've found that Gordon's Chemist chain shop always has them in stock.
They sell the cream at a very reasonable price. It usually fluctuates from around the £1.50 mark.

Correct, and here in the UK if we refer to a charity shop, we mean what our American friends refer to as a thrift store or goodwill, at least I think so 😀

I word with a lot of Reporters from UK & Australia fun guys.

But sometime they would say something like they were at home. I would want?

Recall one time working with this Fleet Streeter, he asked a guy can I bum a Fag off you.

Other reporter was smoking cigarette, he look shocked. I said he asking for one of your smokes. We both laughed.

Good friend is Fleet Streeter living in Oregon, 40 years and still has heavy accent. I yeast the guy about his acent, he say we in UK have been speaking English longer then you yanks.

Top Bottom