What's new

One Year, One Brand for 2016

Looks like Haslinger Sandalwood will carry me through until early - mid Nov. Which means I will only have time for one last puck of Haslinger to carry me through to the end of the year. That went fast! I don't regret using Haslinger all year what-so-ever. I'm so accustomed to this soap now that using something else will certainly take some adjusting on my part.

With all this Haslinger talk I am thinking I am going to use the restock week in Jan 2017 to pick up a puck or two to see what it is like for myself. I didn't intend to make 2016 the year of DR Harris for me but I started a puck of Marlborough in the beginning of Dec 2015 and am still working on it. I am enjoying the shaves and have it dialed in so I can't complain. I also travel alot for work and the small wood bowl is easy to pack and take with me.

Ruckin

I'll join up with you guys! I just saw this, wasting time here on New Years Eve and figured what the heck, why not! I mean.... really, it's almost no contest and a little like phonin' it in because I've stopped looking for and trying new soaps a long time ago. I'm a RazoRock man, through and through. I need no other. Some of you know that about me already, lol. So if that's not like cheating, count me in!

1. mikeschu - Haslinger
2. brucered - Haslinger
3. brianw - SCS
4. Madscotsman - B&M
5. snowman - Haslinger
6. Haggises - Mystic Water
7. MDV39 - Mikes
8. _Brad - Arko
9. pax238 - CRSW
10. vtmax - CRSW
11. martym - Stirling
12. 1Cal - Tabac
13. Cosmos Mariner - Haslinger
14. BigJ - Haslinger
15. Kolyzer - Razorock
16. Shave/Brush - Mystic Water
17. Legion - Arko
18. Mightycolt - Cella
19. thompson779 - MWF
20. WhiteWulfe - RazoRock
21. Ruckin - DR Harris
22. Maglin - Cella
23. beginish - Trumper
24. Kaizen - Razorock
25. Uncle Brian - TOBS
26. FishenFool - Mama Bears
27. CyberJCM - RazoRock

The list of brave souls. At least the last one I could find

Still going strong on MW Eucalyptus Spearmint. Bottom of tub sighted. If I shaved every day it would be 10 days. Since I get lazy, might still last a month.

The list of brave souls. At least the last one I could find
I think this is the last one

IN:

1. mikeschu - Haslinger
2. brucered - Haslinger
3. brianw - SCS
4. Madscotsman - B&M
5. snowman - Haslinger
6. Haggises - Mystic Water
7. MDV39 - Mikes
8. _Brad - Arko
9. pax238 - CRSW
10. vtmax - Haslinger
11. martym - Stirling
12. 1Cal - Tabac
13. Cosmos Mariner - Haslinger
14. BigJ - Haslinger
15. Kolyzer - Razorock
16. Shave/Brush - Mystic Water
17. Legion - Arko
18. Mightycolt - Cella
19. thompson779 - MWF
20. WhiteWulfe - RazoRock
21. Ruckin - DR Harris
22. Maglin - Cella
23. beginish - Trumper
24. Kaizen - Razorock
25. Uncle Brian - TOBS
26. FishenFool - Mama Bears
27. CyberJCM - RazoRock
28. muiriddin - Dapper Dragon
29. Rudy Vey - Haslinger

OUT:

30. Countrydirt

I am still in with the puck of DR Harris Marlborough that I started Dec 2, 2015. The soap stubbornly refuses to be used up.

Ruckin.

Broke through the middle of Haslinger Sandalwood this AM. Should be about 2 weeks left. Will have to contemplate what the final soap for the year will be.

Getting near the end... Today was shave 335 on my never ending puck of DR Harris Marlborough. There is a small hole in the middle of the puck so I must be making progress.. If the scale can be believed I should finish the puck early next year. I am a bit surprised that the one year one brand thing is easier than I thought... I have a puck of Arlington and figured that two pucks might go a full twelve months. I started the year thinking I might not make it through December... now I am wondering if the stuff will be used up before December 2017! :blink: My next soap will not be that puck of Arlington.

Ruckin.

Doing GREAT! Still have some Haslinger's options to try (marigold and seaweed) and have been getting terrific shaves most every day! :thumbup1:

I love Haslinger and as odd as it will sound...I enjoy using the same soap every day. I don't like surprises at 5AM. This entire year Haslinger has lathered with ease and consistency. I have roughly a 1 year supply of non-Haslinger soaps and creams in the stash. Some of them are product's I've never tried and I can tell just by smelling them through the packaging I won't like them as I prefer mild scents.

After almost a year of using Haslinger every day my thought about 2017 is that I just want to plow through all of those non-Haslinger products so I can't get back to Haslinger in 2018.

I know....I'm boring. :blush:

After almost a year of using Haslinger every day my thought about 2017 is that I just want to plow through all of those non-Haslinger products so I can't get back to Haslinger in 2018.

Are you suggesting an entire year of NO Haslinger?!

Perish the thought! [emoji46]

I think I have three more years of Haslinger at my current rate, and I really don't mind.

Well gentlemen. When my puck of Haslinger Sandalwood is done in the next week or two I will be out of the one year one brand concept for a while. My mother is going to be staying with me from American Thanksgiving until New Years. I brought her by my house today to show her around a bit. She saw last years soap for hope, St Charles Shave Bulgarian Rose, on the bathroom counter and took a sniff of it. Her eyes lit up and she asked me what it was. I explained it was shaving soap and she asked if I would use it while she was staying with me and my wife over the holidays. She said it reminded her of a soap her father used.

I should mention my mother is elderly and is suffering from alzheimers. What a dreadful disease. Anywho....whatever my mom wants she gets. If my shaving with a rose scented soap brings back happy memories for her...then rose scented soap it shall be! She is moving in November 23rd so November 24th I will start using SCS Bulgarian Rose for the first time. Its a new puck and I'm sure it will last until the end of the year. Who knows...this might kick off a new tradition of me using a special soap just for the holiday season.

In the meantime, I'll continue with Haslinger Sandalwood until its done...probably the next week or so. Then I'll switch to Proraso Blue cream until the 24th. Its been a great ride using Haslinger for almost 11 months straight. This has absolutely reaffirmed that Haslinger is my favorite soap.

Cheers!

Top Bottom