What's new

New display case!

Took some doing, but I finally got this thing of glass and sheetmetal up the stairs.
20240321_160838.jpg

My modest arsenal of shavocracy.
20240321_160916.jpg

20240321_161121.jpg

I know what you're thinking. Not nearly enough blades. And some of these, like the Pearlmax blades, are not even usable!
20240321_160940.jpg

Be it ever so humble...

Very nice!!
Sort of curious what the pocket knives are doing in there... and I think I see a Kershaw Emerson on the left, CQC-7k?
20240321_224140~2.jpg

Yes, you nailed it on the Kershaw. The white stiletto is a Frank Beltrame automatic. The red and black is a "Harnds", a Chinese make from Back when GearBest was still a thing. Built like a bank vault.

I've also added the Gerber Applegate-Fairbairn. My idea is for the bottom shelf to be for watches, knives, and various edc. I've moved recently, so much of my stuff is still in boxes.

Very nice. I don't see your matgicols, though :)

And did you score a NOS tech?
And you aren't going to see any Matgicols! I only ever had one tuck of them because it came with a Futur clone. Too many other fish in the sea.
20240322_070202.jpg

20240322_070250~2.jpg

Yes, an L 1, first quarter 1941. I bought it to replace a nice Tech that was stolen in a burglary a few years back. It was in a gym bag the thief decided to use to carry off a bunch of stuff. Perhaps he later tried it and was initiated into DE shaving?

Very nice! I also noticed the Neuschwanstein Castle print on the wall, very nice!
That is actually a huge jigsaw puzzle my sister solved, glued together, and had professionally framed.

My Mom, Stepfather, and Sister are totally into jigsaws. Me, not so much. Not at all. But people who store shaving gear in glass cases should not throw stones.

Yes, an L 1, first quarter 1941. I bought it to replace a nice Tech that was stolen in a burglary a few years back. It was in a gym bag the thief decided to use to carry off a bunch of stuff. Perhaps he later tried it and was initiated into DE shaving?
Sorry that happened to you, that was a dog act (as we say down here).

But that's a handsome replacement piece, though!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Lovely display case, if it were me, I'd stain that wood in a darker color, but thats just me. The glass does well to show off all your delicious goodies you have. You got a lot of nice razors, most of them look fairly vintage. Do you actively shave with any of those, or are they primarily only on display?

Yes, I agree with you, your blade situation is not quite right, you need to get some Wizamet Super Iridiums and Gillette Silver Blues in there. You need more brushes to match the number of razors you have too, and you got plenty of room left in that display case to well, display them.

I always thought it was weird that they call a knife a Stiletto, cause I was raised that a Stiletto, was a fancy ladies high heeled shoes. I don't know how the ladies walk up a flight of stairs without tripping in them things. Thanks for sharing your lovely collection with all of us.

I see in proper Jerry Scienfeld fashion, your embracing the no pants policy.

When you carry a heavy display case up a flight of stairs, you build great cardio and muscle, but you also sweat, so you got to air out the undercarriage.

And its smart that you have that bottle of water back there, cause you got to replenish the water you lost. You'd be amazed how many bottle of water I drink now days, its insane!

I also see a lovely photo, or in this case, a professionally framed jigsaw puzzle, of an castle, that reminds me of the one in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. ( Ya gotta be old like me to know that movie! )

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang We Love You
1711194255183.png

Its Such A Shame We Didn't Tune You!​

Lovely display case, if it were me, I'd stain that wood in a darker color, but thats just me. The glass does well to show off all your delicious goodies you have. You got a lot of nice razors, most of them look fairly vintage. Do you actively shave with any of those, or are they primarily only on display?

Yes, I agree with you, your blade situation is not quite right, you need to get some Wizamet Super Iridiums and Gillette Silver Blues in there. You need more brushes to match the number of razors you have too, and you got plenty of room left in that display case to well, display them.

I always thought it was weird that they call a knife a Stiletto, cause I was raised that a Stiletto, was a fancy ladies high heeled shoes. I don't know how the ladies walk up a flight of stairs without tripping in them things. Thanks for sharing your lovely collection with all of us.

I see in proper Jerry Scienfeld fashion, your embracing the no pants policy.

When you carry a heavy display case up a flight of stairs, you build great cardio and muscle, but you also sweat, so you got to air out the undercarriage.

And its smart that you have that bottle of water back there, cause you got to replenish the water you lost. You'd be amazed how many bottle of water I drink now days, its insane!

I also see a lovely photo, or in this case, a professionally framed jigsaw puzzle, of an castle, that reminds me of the one in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. ( Ya gotta be old like me to know that movie! )

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang We Love You
View attachment 1816785
Its Such A Shame We Didn't Tune You!​
I still use some of the vintage razors in my rotation, mostly everything you see minus the standard Super Speeds and Techs. Too mild, too much cleanup buffing.

The shelf isn't wood, but rather sheet metal. And painting it isn't on the menu! It is some sort of 1950s or so office furniture. The glass doors actually have a lock feature.

The water is actually distilled. I have the privilege of trying to sleep each night with a CPAP machine for apnea. It is like trying to sleep with one of those Battle of Britain oxygen masks on. The machine needs distilled water to humidify the air.

I'm going to search through my boxed stuff for more gear to put in here. At a minimum, I know I've got an unopened 100 pack of Israeli Personnas and a vintage Old Spice soap mug around here somewhere. Oh...and a Gold Dollar straight that is never going to be used.

It occurs to me a case like this with a lot of space is its own incentive to make more unnecessary purchases...

• Haha
Reactions: Cal
Oh...and about the stiletto. Any time you can accomplish something like opening a letter or package with the flourish of a Sicilian contract hitman, I recommend you do so. Years ago I got my sister a Cold Steel folding pocket tanto knife. The raised eyebrows she gets whenever she produces the blade to accomplish some mundane task is absolutely worth the price of admission!

I went looking through my still boxed things tonight for some stuff to add to the display. I didn't find those Israeli Personnas, just these old things...
20240327_203146~2.jpg

I thought I had been using Med Preps, but the ones before now were some other Personna blades, in salon pack, also made at the same factory.
20240327_205008.jpg

A good cigar box makes a nice container for loose tucks and blades.
20240327_205035.jpg

Then I found something...infamous.
20240327_203401~2.jpg

I think that is the Micro-Touch One. Haven't seen that in years. Saw the commercial, walked to the "As Seen on TV" aisle at CVS, bought this, and the RAD took off.
20240327_203628.jpg

That one's a problem. Three Rockwell 6C bottom plates, but I've somehow misplaced the Rockwell top cap. The one pictured is from a Maggard clone of the D89. The Rockwell handle will not thread onto that cap. Hopefully, either that cap turns up, or this can be a Frankenrazor.
20240327_205309.jpg

The display grows apace...

Top Bottom