What's new

Mess Hall Acquisitions

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Thanks Rob!

Did some horse trading yesterday and got this-

proxy.php

A 300mm AS core Hiro suji watch out Brisket!

Hmmm... that could use a new Handle.....

Wow. The Hiromoto AS (aogami supersteel series) is one of my favorite knives. F&F is usually just good, as opposed to excellent to great, but they give you one smoking blade. The carbon core is up there with the best of them, and the somewhat cheesy stainless cladding makes upkeep a breeze, so it's an ideal entry into the world of carbon knives. The result is a three toned effect- clean stainless sides, a few mm of patina, and a sparkling bevel. You can get them wicked sharp.

300mm? Now you need a bigger cutting board. :lol: It never ends.

There was nothing wrong with the old Cuisinart coffee maker but The Wife® and I felt the need for an upgrade. It's not exactly quiet but it's nice having freshly ground coffee waiting for us in the morning.

Had a Restaurant Depot run today and picked up 17 lb Brisket. I finally found a man sized 12 qt "Tupperware" for soaking Corned beefs and brining chickens, a couple of cases of Mexicali Coke, some real pepperoni which may get smoked and end up in Southington Connecticut on May 1st.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Had a Restaurant Depot run today and picked up 17 lb Brisket. I finally found a man sized 12 qt "Tupperware" for soaking Corned beefs and brining chickens, a couple of cases of Mexicali Coke, some real pepperoni which may get smoked and end up in Southington Connecticut on May 1st.

Thank you for not getting me sick by saying how much you paid per pound. :tongue_sm

Brisket for one, huh Jim? :lol:

That's not too far from the truth.

C'mon, tell me the two of us couldn't polish that puppy off with a couple of Dr. Brown's. :lol:

Thank you for not getting me sick by saying how much you paid per pound. :tongue_sm
That's not too far from the truth.

C'mon, tell me the two of us couldn't polish that puppy off with a couple of Dr. Brown's. :lol:
2.24 lb for choice black Angus.
You could try-:tongue_sm

Last edited:
2.24 lb for choice black Angus.
You could try-:tongue_sm

Man hat is expensive :) While I sometimes wish I had taken a NYC job out of law school.... then I reminded of he cost of living :).

But then again beef is extra cheap in cowtown.

Michael

Man hat is expensive :) While I sometimes wish I had taken a NYC job out of law school.... then I reminded of he cost of living :).

But then again beef is extra cheap in cowtown.

Michael

Michael,
That's a wholesale-ish regular price, in a small shop if you can find a full packer it can be 2x's that!

That knife looks as if it has some serious heft to it. Is it like a small cleaver?

It does have some weight to it in comparison to a standard Japanese knife. However its used like a fillet knife on fish and small critters.

Many chefs sharpen the tip and leave the heel for slicing through bones, tails, heads ect.

Here is a video of one in use.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHW3WeLRSK0[/YOUTUBE]

Picked up a nice 9 cup stainless perc coffee pot at a rummage sale. Unused for $5. Makes up a right nice cup 'o mud...can't wait to take it on the fishing trip to Canada in June with my bud and bro.

Top Bottom