What's new

Mess Hall Acquisitions

I got this in the mail yesterday!

Moritaka 240mm Gyuto

picture.php

pretty fast free shipping from www.chefknivestogo.com, ordered it on Friday, got here on Tuesday :thumbup1:

Thanks Jim and B&B for the help and guidance!

Last edited:
I got this in the mail yesterday!

Moritaka 240mm Gyutoo

pretty fast free shipping from www.chefknivestogo.com, ordered it on Friday, got here on Tuesday :thumbup1:

Beautiful knife.

I'll post pictures of my new baby tonight when I get home, but I purchased a new Takeda Nakiri-bochi 13.5 cm straight from the maker in Japan last Thursday and received it Tuesday. Totally amazed at the shipping.

Michael

Beautiful knife.

I'll post pictures of my new baby tonight when I get home, but I purchased a new Takeda Nacre-botch 13.5 cm straight from the maker in Japan last Thursday and received it Tuesday. Totally amazed at the shipping.

Michael

Thats a winner! I cannot believe how often I reach for that knife.:thumbup1:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I got one today, photos to follow.

Now I don't feel so guilty that I ate at Tres Hermanos tonight. I did, however, manage to keep my promise not to eat their tacos without you.
I had quesadillas. :lol:

As promised just out of the box-

full

full

full

Ichimonji 240 mm High carbon- white paper steel, custom ebony wood octagon wa handle.
Thin as could be, I am delighted so far.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! That's a beauty, Jim. It may be time for me to invest in some new knives. I'm a newbie to selecting good Japanese knives. I've looked at the Shuns. Would you recommend picking up individual pieces such as the one in your photo, or buying a set like the Shuns? I suspect the quality of the knives I've seen in this thread are superior to Shuns.

John,
I would say that buying individual knives makes more sense in the long term. Shuns while very popular, would not be a first choice.

You have literally thousands of choices, what you want out of the knife and your budget are whats going to set the direction.

Picked up a second crêpe pan this week. I can increase my productivity now!

Picked up some freeze dried shallots and some "Bow River Fish Blend" from Silk Road Spices at the Calgary Farmer's Market.

Also picked up some Elk and Bison from their respective producers at the Farmer's Market.

Oh... I bought some smoked horse at the deli counter when I grabbed the crêpe pan. I think it'd be nice on dark rye with some swiss. The store in question is Edelweiss Imports.

Picked up a second crêpe pan this week. I can increase my productivity now!

Picked up some freeze dried shallots and some "Bow River Fish Blend" from Silk Road Spices at the Calgary Farmer's Market.

Also picked up some Elk and Bison from their respective producers at the Farmer's Market.

Oh... I bought some smoked horse at the deli counter when I grabbed the crêpe pan. I think it'd be nice on dark rye with some swiss. The store in question is Edelweiss Imports.

Edelweissimports looks great.

Michael

Thanks Rob!

Did some horse trading yesterday and got this-

proxy.php

A 300mm AS core Hiro suji watch out Brisket!

Hmmm... that could use a new Handle.....

Top Bottom