What's new

March 2024 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

In!

Wednesday March 6, 2024
Brush: Zenith B17
Lather: Tabac
Razor: Henson Mild
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (1)

IMG_6525.jpg

Day 6, in

Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Classic (4)
Brush: Simpson Commodore X3 Fibre
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Bowl
Preshave: GLYCE
Soap: Crowne & Crane Rose On Fire
Aftershave: Speick

IMG_1944.jpeg

Not bad for a Covid shave. Feeling much better and the only thing left is getting my energy level back up. I used a sample puck of this soap and I really like it. Lathers quickly and it’s a very satisfying scent.

Make it a great day!

Still in.

I've been under the radar for three days thanks to my workload, thus I didn't manage to post my SOTD on Monday and Tuesday in good time. But I had two more enjoyable shaves with the Wolfman WR2 .95... pretty much the same setup like today.

20240306_151854.jpeg

I hope your week is more relaxed than mine 😉

Cheers!

Last edited:
Day 6, 19.4% complete

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Men Rock Black Pomegranate Shave Cream
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Ti Handle, Astra SP #6
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Proraso Sensitive Balm

Used this cream for a change. I got too much lather from the blob I loaded, which was better than too little. Another near-BBS.

Still in, and my curiosity got the best of me. I wanted to see if I could get a little better shave than yesterday with my Gem and half Feather. I got out my Stag Sharpener and just ran the blade over the whetstone a few times. I was a little more thorough with the strops, finishing with the horsehide strop that came with the Stag. I loaded the razor with blade and RIGS shim. I got the lather a little better consistency than yesterday. It turned out to be a 9.7 shave!

3-6 Wednesday 10pm
Shave 38/366.
FFFMM: 5
2 pass DFS+

Razor: Overlander alu
Blade: Perma-sharp (5)
Soap: Sheep
Brush: APshave/Semogue Mistura
1000003150.jpg

Simple, quick shave before work. Decided on The Dead Sea splash as my finisher today. Got a 2 thumbs up from the Missus, and a comment that for her it rivals Mudder Focker as a scent.
Good thing I like it as well!!

Still in.
Jay

Top Bottom