What's new

Leather notebooks and Refills

OMG. That Hobonichi planner looks amazing...Tomoe river paper??? Id love to know if this fits in the B&B cover

Tryin to get pricing to Seattle

From the registration page

[FONT=&amp]When changing a shipping address from Japan to overseas, tax will no longer be charged, but EMS shipping fees and a handling fee of 500 yen will be applied.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Changing a shipping address from overseas to Japan will add sales tax and change the shipping and handling fee.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Please see "Order status" for your new total.[/FONT]

Perhaps we should move this conversation to it's own thread?

Looks like they remove Tax for out of country purchases, but apply a "Shipping" Cost in addition to "Shipping and Handling. in American Dollars, that comes to $38.88. Not too shabby.

$hobonichiplanner.jpg

Last edited:
Just pulled the trigger on an A6. You bunch of enablers, all of you :)

I found myself reading the description of the notebooks every time I was in the Nib forum. I think it was the loving tales of the smell of leather that pushed me over the edge.

Hey, got my A6 notebook today. Sweeeeeet. It's very nice and as has been noted, excellent supple fragrant leather.

Some notes:

The cover itself is very floppy and soft, that is, it relies on the covers of the insert to keep it stiff both for writing and to hold it in the flaps of the cover. I had an idea to make a homemade insert for it but will need to include outer boards to make it stay. Not a big deal, and the inserts aren't too expensive and will last a long time.

The paper is very fountain pen friendly but it has a slow drying time for the ink I used first in it (Noodler's Red with a very fine pen), so it had some smear when I turned the pages too soon. Not a big deal but I might use a quicker drying ink for the daily driver pen in it.

I tried a whole bunch of pens in the loops and here are the verdicts:

Pelikan 215: fits well--the clip seems to be opened up pretty wide by the loop (it's pretty thick) so maybe over a long period of time
it could get loose?

Namika Vanishing Point: fits well. The loops are pretty tight now so you have to push the pen up from the bottom to get it out, and it
clicks the point out. Not a big deal. The clip is very long on this pen so the bending outward isn't so extreme.

Rotring Initial: This is a very big heavy pen but it fits very well! It is quite thick in the middle but it doesn't have a huge bulbous
cap, which I think is the difference. The clip on this is very cleverly designed with kind of a hinge on it so even if it's open pretty far
it's not bending the metal of the actual clip. I might use this as my main pen for this though I like the Vanishing Point more as a writer.

Montblanc 146: the cap is just too big, so you can't push it in there. It's snug but I worry that it might fall out.

Montblanc 142: nice slim pen, fits great. Some bending pressure on the clip as with the Pelikan.

Lamy Safari: the cap isn't smooth on the bottom so tends to catch a bit on the first loop. Not a big deal. These pens tend to have really
loose caps and I'd worry that once the loops were stretched out a bit the cap might stay in there and the pen fall out. Probably not, though.

Reform 1749: seems a little slim, but the cap is a screw on so it's fine.

This doesn't include antiques like my Waterman 3 and 32.

Holy crap I have a lot of pens. Might have to get some more notebooks.

Or maybe the B&B logo pen carrying case? Hmmmmm.

Beautiful! If I had known about these, I might not have ordered my custom leather Moleskine cover a week and a half ago. :) Oh, well. These sure do look great!

Anyone try this yet? I am desperate for a planner to help augment my horrid memory and would love to wrap in in this gorgeous slab o' leather.

Haven't tried another brand yet, but I would think anything the same size (A5 or A6 depending) would fit.

Hi, can someone direct me to a refill notebook other than the included a6 notebook for the a6 leather cover? twsbi fit? rhodia?

Tea journal, dream journal, practice journal, shave journal, drink journal, cigar journal, or to hold up the wobbly leg of the kitchen table

The possibilities are endless

Top Bottom