What's new

Leather notebooks and Refills

Does anyone know if this cover will fit the new Franklin Christoph stitched Firma-Flex journals, it's hard to tell from the pictures but I am wondering if the new cover is thicker?

Justin

to me they look as if it wouldn't be an issue at all, but you might want to shoot Scott a PM just in case

Does anyone know if this cover will fit the new Franklin Christoph stitched Firma-Flex journals, it's hard to tell from the pictures but I am wondering if the new cover is thicker?

Justin

I have the new journals. The covers might be a little thicker, but they fit into the B&B cover perfectly fine. The leather "flaps" on the cover have a little stretch to them.

Thanks for the info, I just ordered the Leather notebook and can't wait for it to arrive. I'm very happy they still have some in stock.

Well, I have an A5 on the way. I have an existing notebook that is a bit larger than the Firma-Flex journals (8 3/8" tall instead of 8 1/4") that I hope fits in there. It already has a decent cover and binding, but no place to put a pen. This should be a perfect combo if it fits.

Looks like the Badger & Blade A6 Saddle Brown Notebook Cover is out of stock. They still have the A5.

Once they are gone, they are gone?

From what I have heard, you are correct. There will be no more. I am thinking about getting another A5. I use that size a lot.

Holy crap! I havent been on B&B in ages. I decided I wanted a nice journal for work (tired of using the crap they provide), and I figured the good folk here would be able to help me out in finding one that meets my rather long list of requirements / desires. The first thing I see when I get into the right forum is this, and its pretty much perfectly what I want! And it wasn't a limited run (luckily). Awesome!

Edit: Just saw it IS limited, but lucky for me the size I want anyway (A5) is in stock still. Better grab it fast...

Maybe I'll get some of that awesome 5'oclock shadow ink I've always wanted too... decisions.

Also, curse this site for instantly re-inflaming my ADs...

Holy crap! I havent been on B&B in ages. I decided I wanted a nice journal for work (tired of using the crap they provide), and I figured the good folk here would be able to help me out in finding one that meets my rather long list of requirements / desires. The first thing I see when I get into the right forum is this, and its pretty much perfectly what I want! And it wasn't a limited run (luckily). Awesome!

Edit: Just saw it IS limited, but lucky for me the size I want anyway (A5) is in stock still. Better grab it fast...

Maybe I'll get some of that awesome 5'oclock shadow ink I've always wanted too... decisions.

Also, curse this site for instantly re-inflaming my ADs...

Welcome back!

B&B is quite good at enabling.

Welcome back!

B&B is quite good at enabling.

Always has been. I passed on the ink cause I don't want to incur further wrath from SWMBO. The A5 is on its way, though. Also, I was really happy to read above and see that the refills from Franklin-Christoph should fit, and they have graph paper inserts! I prefer that to lined, because I often end up drawing diagrams in my notebooks (engineer, and this is for work).

Heck their refills look nice enough to just be a journal on its own, but the B&B folio wrapped around it give it that extra layer of class.

I think I might finally start using my Lamy 2000 since I can attach it to the folio itself and have less risk of losing it. Up to now its MOSTLY sat neglected on my bed stand. Of course, its also a bigger nib than I prefer cause I always meant to get it custom ground and never did.... sigh.

Maybe after I get a few more gift cards for birthdays and such. And after I pay back my buddy for the optic he fronted for. Too many (expensive) hobbies... ;-)

Well...I wasn't going to order one yet...but decided to see how many they had in stock to see how much time I had. Wouldn't you know it, it was the last one in stock...so I bought one.

Well...I wasn't going to order one yet...but decided to see how many they had in stock to see how much time I had. Wouldn't you know it, it was the last one in stock...so I bought one.
Congrats! Guess if I had been just a few days later I'd have missed out. So glad I didn't wait. Mine arrives tomorrow!

The B&B A5 leather notebook covers are back in stock! Now they're black!

http://www.westcoastshaving.com/specials/badger-and-blade-a5-notebook-cover-saddleboot-black.html

proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom