What's new

Le Fantasque - a Mercedes razor ?

Hi Gents,

I thought you could enjoy as I did, a couple of pics of this unique razor and some possible explanations referred to what looks to be indeed the Mercedes logo.

"Fantasque" is a French adjective meaning capricious, eccentric, whimsical. And this razor is such in all aspects. From the golden tang to the unuasal dark jade scales not to mention the hand engraved spine. It looks like having it all and they stopped just before making it kitsch.

What about Mercedes ? Could it be a gift for special customers (pre war) ? Or is it referred to the Mercedes type w100, 600 which appeared in the 60's and was a "Fantasque" car for stars and dictators ??

Who knows. I want to believe both stories and let you imagine your own.

Here is the Fantasque 7/8 razor.

Antoine, no idea of the origins of the razor or the significance of the Mercedes emblem on the razor but WOW!!!

That is indeed a gorgeous razor that arhough eccentric it does indeed stop short of being labeled at kitsch.

I a very glad you found it and please send to me for proper disposal.

I live closer by than Alfredo besides I'm fully willing to pay for the shipping[emoji39].

On a more serious note; the razor is too exclusive to be a mass production razor so my guess is that it was made to be a gift to very special customers/employees. In any case is another museum piece you've found. Congratulations[emoji106]

I don't know where you find these and I don't want to know. I would be broke in nothing flat. LOL

Gorgeous razor!

Antoine magnifique!!! Wow that is gorgeous and what a great find....you sir i think are the master at finding and owning some of the most exquisite razors in existance!!

Interesting. I've abakelite round DE-razorbox with the same logo and no inscription whatsoever. No razor either, unfortunately. The thing to do now is to research the Essercheroup razormaker, which at first glance at seems to be using the three-pointed star-logo more often.
Thanks, you've helped me direct my search.

Top Bottom