What's new

Lambda Athena

Has anybody dealt with that site, do you know?
Maybe information for somebody that comes along and wants one.

I have no idea. I came across it by accident.

Nebrito is an official retailer for Lambda, according to Theo. So there should be no problem ordering from them, even if I haven't done so myself.

Apparently this is a legit website with some Lambdas available.
this a perfect storm if you want a Lambda. Even though Lambda is out of stock, you can still get some , albeit at a higher price
The alternative is to put your name on the waitlist and hope Theo comes out soon.

I ordered an Ares from them some time ago and had no issues whatsoever. I believe they are out of Slovakia. The contact there was Olga Lepeshkina who was very helpful and professional. She was also helping Homelikeshaving with international orders.

They are based in Slovenia but originally from Belarus I believe.
Can only recommend them, Olga is very helpful and professional and is able to manage if somebody wants buy from HLS.

My two cents. They were very reliable when I used them on multiple occasions ordering razors and DE blades. Dispatched the goods the same day. Got what I ordered in a few (2-3) workdays. The webshop has also a physical shop where you can actually go and inspect what you see online ... but of course only for those that are close to its location, which is Slovenia (not Slovakia). More precise it's located in Slovenian coastal town Koper which is a town very close to Trieste Italy, which is located just acros the border a few km away. Based on my webpurchases on their webpage I have only positive experience with them.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
My two cents. They were very reliable when I used them on multiple occasions ordering razors and DE blades. Dispatched the goods the same day. Got what I ordered in a few (2-3) workdays. The webshop has also a physical shop where you can actually go and inspect what you see online ... but of course only for those that are close to its location, which is Slovenia (not Slovakia). More precise it's located in Slovenian coastal town Koper which is a town very close to Trieste Italy, which is located just acros the border a few km away. Based on my webpurchases on their webpage I have only positive experience with them.
Our oldest son and his wife are living in Croatia at the moment but last year, we met them in Slovenia... what a lovely country. We only had 5 days there, not including the two traveling days... but we saw as much as we could in just 5 days... It was a blast.

Apparently this is a legit website with some Lambdas available.
this a perfect storm if you want a Lambda. Even though Lambda is out of stock, you can still get some , albeit at a higher price
The alternative is to put your name on the waitlist and hope Theo comes out soon.
I wonder how much does Theo charge for the ss version- would someone care to share ? PM me if you don’t feel like posting here.

I placed the order because I like SS - will sell my bronze once the ss version is delivered.

I have now completed my third Athena shave. This time, I spent a little more time and attention than the previous two times. I did three passes, plus some minor fixes. The end result is absolutely stunning! I only get a similar deep shave with significantly more aggressive razors that, no matter how hard I try, sometimes leave minor irritations. Athena, however, did the same deep shave without irritating the skin, even though I used TOBS cream, which isn't the best.
What's more, after three straight shaves with Athena, I can see how the skin has rested and looks much smoother and healthier, as if a razor had never been through it.
I can say that this razor is an absolute masterpiece. Before I bought it, I read a lot of positive reviews about it, in fact, come to think of it, I haven't read a negative comment. But, in practice, my expectations were exceeded.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
It's remarkable to me that the Athena as well as the Ares have garnered such respect in just a few years. It's quite an accomplishment. At their current price points, I'm not sure someone could do any better. I know this is subjective, but I know people whose collections have much, Much more expensive razors as well as the Athena and Ares and most of the time, they agree with each other: both compete well with any modern DE razor available today at any price.

Been using the SS Athena. It's going pretty good some shaves are more efficient than other.
Had a couple of shave that I was amazed how smooth I was at the end of the day
Others shaves are a normally length of a close shave Period.
I'm thinking the dragging, squeegee feeling might be from the wate that gets stuck in the drain Channel and then clears soap to early. I'm going to start shaking the water out of the razor to test this.
1000010040.jpg

Been using the SS Athena. It's going pretty good some shaves are more efficient than other.
I'm thinking the dragging, squeegee feeling might be from the wate that gets stuck in the drain Channel and then clears soap to early. I'm going to start shaking the water out of the razor to test this. View attachment 1835113
Another possible cause might be thick lather.

I'm thinking the dragging, squeegee feeling might be from the wate that gets stuck in the drain Channel and then clears soap to early. I'm going to start shaking the water out of the razor to test this. View attachment 1835113

I use a Crown handle with my Athena too and love it. :)

I don't feel any drag with the Athena, perhaps it could be that the razor has drifted too much to the top cap? I use the Athena at a pretty neutral angle, the one where I get the loudest "buttering toast" noise. If the fins are on one's face, that ought to reduce any drag. Just thinking out loud with you in hopes that it might be of help.

I use a Crown handle with my Athena too and love it. :)

I don't feel any drag with the Athena, perhaps it could be that the razor has drifted too much to the top cap? I use the Athena at a pretty neutral angle, the one where I get the loudest "buttering toast" noise. If the fins are on one's face, that ought to reduce any drag. Just thinking out loud with you in hopes that it might be of help.
Yeah it is getting up on the top cap but it definitely acts like no other razor does. It might be the water thing when it gets up to the top cap area that other razors don't exhibit this kind of behavior, might be why.
Kind of an interesting thing I ran across.
Edit: I also like that Crown handle a lot, these handles are really liked by a huge amount of guys, like us

Top Bottom