What's new

KCG Monogrammed and Engraved Gillette New Improved Deluxe? Traveler Set

We're all jumping to conclusions. Lots of people have the initials KCG.
How do we know that set did not belong to Kevin Celtic Garnett? Or Ken Cool-hand Griffey? Or Kenneth Canadian Galbraith?
Or ... ?

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
That is insanely awesome. Adam (keendog) sold me a very similar piece just the other day.

R

romsitsa

Beautiful razor, but I'm more intrested in what's under it in you first photo. Is it really an original printing plate for a 460 shipper box?

Adam

Thanks everyone for the replies. Hoping to dig in and find some more info on the set. It sure is exciting to think about the story behind this.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
If it's not Gillette's Himself, I bet there was a special set for executives. Let's face it, KCG was very proud to have his name on everything!

If I owned that razor, I would be very curious to know the gold purity of the monogram on the outside of the set. I imagine that King Gillette wouldn't have needed to spare any expense which *could* mean that is pure gold.

And, as another potential indicator of the link to King Gillette - this isn't a normal Cavalier set. This is a custom, one-off engraving job. How many full, custom sets exist outside of the the F.C. Blank demonstration sets?

If I owned that razor, I would be very curious to know the gold purity of the monogram on the outside of the set. I imagine that King Gillette wouldn't have needed to spare any expense which *could* mean that is pure gold.

And, as another potential indicator of the link to King Gillette - this isn't a normal Cavalier set. This is a custom, one-off engraving job. How many full, custom sets exist outside of the the F.C. Blank demonstration sets?

Not sure there are that many. Agree on the fact that this is appears to be the only set with this type of engraving.

I have found a couple of records putting King and Atlanta Gillette in Gaviota, CA. This is from 1924 voting records where you have to list your address. Gaviota is in Santa Barbara County. Now I need to find property owner records and see if I can find a street address.
$IMG_8621.jpg$IMG_8622.jpg

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Not sure there are that many. Agree on the fact that this is appears to be the only set with this type of engraving.

I have found a couple of records putting King and Atlanta Gillette in Gaviota, CA. This is from 1924 voting records where you have to list your address. Gaviota is in Santa Barbara County. Now I need to find property owner records and see if I can find a street address.
View attachment 720122View attachment 720123
Nice investigation work!

Top Bottom