What's new

KCG Monogrammed and Engraved Gillette New Improved Deluxe? Traveler Set

I was lucky enough to be able to purchase this New Improved Deluxe? Traveler Set that is monogrammed with the initials KCG. It has very interesting engraving/stamping on the tins and blade case I have never seen before. The razor appears to be a New Improved Algonquin and has no date code. The outer case lid also has the gold KCG monogram. The story goes that this was bought at an estate sale in the Santa Barbara, CA area from a neighbor of King Camp Gillette over 30 years ago. It's been in storage for a long time until I was able to acquire it. Unfortunately, that is all the story there is. Time to do some research! I am truly thankful to be able to own this and want to thank the sellers for working with me. They were very friendly and were great to chat with. They wanted me to share this with everyone so we could all enjoy it. If any of you history aficionados have a way to help me track down some Santa Barbara Gillette history that would be great! It is much appreciated. Now for some pics! I also added a pic of the book plate done by Frederick Charles Blank that has a very similar monogram. Frederick's great grandson noticed it's similarity and sent me a picture. He is also helping out by digging into some of the items he has. Thanks for any insight anyone might be able to provide.
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
It's because of the casting vs engraving vs stamping. It's close enough that it's the same style, just altered.

$giphy (51).gif

Brent, that´s a very great find! Thanks for sharing it. The monogram is a little bit different to the KGC 1918 Tiffany set:

$1918 Tiffany Set from KCGRazor-04.jpg

$1918 Tiffany Set from KCGRazor-09.jpg

Top Bottom