What's new

Karve Overlander

Week five since ordering. Sent a couple emails off to check the status, but there's been no response. Everybody gets their razors, so I'm not worried, but I'd be lying if I said dealing with this company isn't flustering.
Have you checked your junk mail? I made a second razor order and emailed about some corrections and I got a prompt email back.

I sent an email on February 6 inquiring about aluminum razor stand colors and specifically how to order a blue one. As of now have not heard back from Karve.

I also have a razor in the queue and don’t expect any type of updates on it, other than when it ships. However, it would nice to get an unrelated question answered so I could maybe place an order.

I thought I would post here just for fun. I hope you guys waiting on your Overlanders get them quickly!

February 9, 2023 Friday shave

Razor: Karve Overlander, aluminum
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (2)
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat, tallow
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Post shave: Omega alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman

This was a three pass shave of two days growth.
The Overlander was stellar, as usual, and the Wizamet blade was wonderfully smooth and sharp.
The MWF was exceptional, it's a great soap.
No weepers, etc. and no irritation.

10/10 BBS

Enjoy your day, it's FRIDAY!

I'm glad I sent several emails to Karve to check on my Overlander order. I finally received a response: the order had been archived instead of fulfilled. It's now shipping today.

I have several different reactions to this, but suffice to say I'm glad the razor is on its way*.

*To his credit, Chris was apologetic and upgraded my shipping.

Week five since ordering. Sent a couple emails off to check the status, but there's been no response. Everybody gets their razors, so I'm not worried, but I'd be lying if I said dealing with this company isn't flustering.
Yeah, you’ll get it. They make everything to order, right? I think the longest I’ve waited on a Karve order is six weeks, but I’ve always received my stuff. Right now I’m waiting on a B plate for the CB. Start of week 3 I think. I’ve never received an email reply haha. Thankfully, the work is impeccable.

Yes they make a good razor. I had an Aluminum Overlander that I bought off BST. I sent an email the other day with a question. No reply. I can see that everyone eventually gets their razors but I have no patience with this customer service approach. As a point of comparison I ordered a Blackbird on Wednesday and received it today Friday.

Yes they make a good razor. I had an Aluminum Overlander that I bought off BST. I sent an email the other day with a question. No reply. I can see that everyone eventually gets their razors but I have no patience with this customer service approach. As a point of comparison I ordered a Blackbird on Wednesday and received it today Friday.
Canadian vs American customer service, night and day.

From what I've read, I'd rather deal with Blackland any day of the week. They're a California-based company, something I appreciate as well. I just wish I could tolerate more aggressive razors (in comparison to Karve) and higher prices.

Interesting - for me Ikon and Blackland tie for worst customer service. Italian barber has always answered my questions promptly. I've always got a razor quick and on time with Karve. Wolfman was fine but I would describe them as short and sweet, and to the point. I guess as always ymmv.

I'm coming from decades of shaving with a Mach 3 and am shopping for my first DE razor, and I'm leaning towards the Overlander. I've of course read on this thread and others that the maker is not very responsive to email, but does he at least send tracking information when an order is shipped out? I live in a big city and porch pirates are a problem, so knowing when a package will be delivered (and has arrived) is pretty important.

I'm coming from decades of shaving with a Mach 3 and am shopping for my first DE razor, and I'm leaning towards the Overlander. I've of course read on this thread and others that the maker is not very responsive to email, but does he at least send tracking information when an order is shipped out? I live in a big city and porch pirates are a problem, so knowing when a package will be delivered (and has arrived) is pretty important.
He's shipped mine via DHL, and that comes with tracking. I've been able to follow the package since it was shipped late yesterday from Alberta and it's already in California, scheduled to be at my front door Monday.

Top Bottom