What's new

Is this a Milord

proxy.php

proxy.php

Picked this up on ebay. Will get better pictures when I have more time

Looks like one, yes. It's basically a gold-plated super speed.

Is there a date code?

Last edited:
Hard to tell with lighting and all.....but if it is gold plated and no date code, then it is a 1948-1950 Milord. Nice shave....

Last edited:
I can not see it on your picture: is this razor notched? The case is from a 46/47 Milord but the razor is complete knurled: maybe the rare 47 Milord without notches and complete knurling, or a 48 Milord with notches

1946 Milord

1948 Milord

The notches, if present, are on either end of the bar in the middle of the TTO area. The bar holds the middle of the blade in place, and the notches are for a Gillette blade loading mechanism. You can see the notches in the second of Achim's links.

I can not see it on your picture: is this razor notched? The case is from a 46/47 Milord but the razor is complete knurled: maybe the rare 47 Milord without notches and complete knurling, or a 48 Milord with notches

1946 Milord

1948 Milord

Interesting on the case date, are you basing that on the crinckled inner top vs. the smooth satin liner? My un-notched fully knurled Milord (presumed a '47) came to me in a case with the satin lining on top. Of course, no way to be certain it is original to the razor, but I think who I bought it from was not a collector or knowledgeable, seems unlikely they matched it with a case of the right model/wrong year.

To the OP, congrats, that makes I think only the third (IIRC) of these fully knurled no-notched Milord's to show up here on the B&B.

Interesting on the case date, are you basing that on the crinckled inner top vs. the smooth satin liner? My un-notched fully knurled Milord (presumed a '47) came to me in a case with the satin lining on top. Of course, no way to be certain it is original to the razor, but I think who I bought it from was not a collector or knowledgeable, seems unlikely they matched it with a case of the right model/wrong year.

To the OP, congrats, that makes I think only the third (IIRC) of these fully knurled no-notched Milord's to show up here on the B&B.

I´ve looked to old Ad´s:

Top Bottom