What's new

Interesting find at pharmacy.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Victory at last!

Luckily, I like the green! It IS aftershave, despite the name. Has glycerin; I slapped on after shaving.

Does not say "made in Canada" anywhere ... might get another, lady is trying.

So it CAN be ordered, eh.

AA

Last edited by a moderator:
Victory at last!

Luckily, I like the green! It IS aftershave, despite the name. Has glycerin; I slapped on after shaving.

Does not say "made in Canada" anywhere ... might get another, lady is trying.

So it CAN be ordered, eh.

AA

Congrats! Perseverance paid off. We compared ingredients to confirm its the same formula earlier in the thread despite the cologne moniker.

I used the original sport today and it seems to have the most longevity of any splash I've used. Now that I'm sporting the beard I can still smell it occasionally 10 hours later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was lucky enough to find one of these gift sets at the local Wallgreens. Had to get one due to the green AV being mostly unobtainable here in the US, the scent is a fresh almost drier sheets type of vibe to it. Not bad at all, plus the regular blue AV is great stuff, for $10 it was a no brainer.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
The Sport's scent is interesting; not quite a pine; it's a kind of industrial clean- not like a Godrej round, which defines industrial-clean, but another kind of clean. Like it very much, hoping to get another.

Now the Williams - and AV Blue - I confess I did not need more of ... I can hope to live longer, or PIF it someday.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Got another one of these sets ... Clerk being Christmassy nice!

So Santa is going to put AV blue and Williams in my cousin's stocking ...

AA

Okay someone keep me out of Walgreens!!!

$20161207_211159.jpg

And no way I could pass up this for $10

$Stetson-8-oz-After-Shave.jpg

As far as I know the Green has always been made in the USA. Ice Blue was a weak seller in Canada, whereas OG Sport was a weak seller in the US, so swap em out and you have profit.
I bought a bottle of Ice Blue, I think I know why it's a weak seller. The scent seemed really bland to me, the way baby powder is.

Wherever I see Aqua Velva, both flavours are always on the shelf. I haven't seen the gift set though.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
... and the Sport pairs perfectly with Polo Green for a Christmas-tree thing. Throw in Stirling Ozark for bonus style points.

AA

Totally stopping at my local walgreens today! I love the ice blue, have always wanted to try the green sport, and can easily sell/trade the williams.

I like to splash the Original Sport on after using B&M Latha Taiga which smells just like the spruce scented sticks I put in my fake Christmas tree.

Top Bottom