What's new

Indulgence of the Night July 2008

M

modern man

Just had the IPA a few weeks ago when I was in AZ (the only place I found it here was in North Beach). I have to say it was good, very good stuff.

I can't wait till I can try the rest of the line... Thanks for making me jealous Rick.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Mrs. Ouch requested giant kielbasa.

No smarmy comments now.

Served it with some home made sauerkraut from a neighbor. I've got to get a recipe for that.

"Mrs. Ouch requested giant kielbasa."

I have punchline overload. :devil:

I attended a beer tasting this evening, so I have a few indulgences to list:
Saison DuPont
Dupont Avril
Boulevard Saison
Surly CynicAle
Jenlain Ambree
North Coast Le Merle
Jolly Pumpkin Bam Biere

Baked salmon with a sauce made from pan drippings, butter, olive oil, lemon juice and fino sherry. Not bad, if I do say so myself...

Today was a great day for me in terms of "Speakeasiness." Tonight after work I fired up the first of five out of my Perdomo Lot 23 Maduro Robustos. Oh sweet mamma jamma! This cigar was a work of art. Got a great start to it with my new Palio cutter, which arrived today, toasted the foot beautifully with my $3.00 Ronson JetLite, and proceeded to enjoy the thick, creamy smoke for a very relaxing hour.

I use the Fresco Maduro as my benchmark, since I'm so familiar with them, and the Lot 23 in comparison was rich, smooth, creamy, earthy, nutty, and slightly cocoa-ish. A true pleasure to burn. :biggrin:

Saturday night was in the mood for a bit of Islay...

Signatory 6 year 1999 Caol Ila Cask Strength
Signatory 15 year 1992 UCF Caol Ila
Laphroaig 10 Cask Strength

Sunday relaixed with a Nub 464T Camaroon and a mug of Ristretto Ethiopian Yirgacheffe.

Spend the weekend in Chicago:

Friday Night, Osteria Via Stato
Strawberry Rhubard Margarita - very interesting cocktail, the gf has a watermelon-black pepper-and fennel infused vodka martini with honey. Sound terrible but It was really cool.
For Dinner we had sweet onions with parmesan, calamari and shrimp, marinated olives, traditional italian salad, gemelli with pesto and farfelle with tomato veal ragu. I had Striped Sea Bass with Fava beans for my entree and she had veal marsala. I really excellent meal.

On Saturday we went to Everest, a very cool restaurant.

Amuse Bouche:
Spinach Emultion with Crispy Bacon
Chilled Asparagus Soup
Lobster and Dover Sole with Caviar

First Starter:
Me - Home smoked Salmon
Her - Presskopf of Beef au Feu

2nd Starter:
Me - Roasted Maine Lobster with Gewurtraminer, Ginger and Butter
Her - Marinated Vegatable Salad

Entree:
Her - Mullard Duck
Me - Filet of Venison with Huckleberry Sauce

Dessert - Some Caramel thing, I still don't know what it was and a raspberry souffle.

I started off the night with a martini and she has a glass of champagne and then we had some of the best wine we've ever had.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Strawberry Rhubard Margarita - very interesting cocktail, the gf has a watermelon-black pepper-and fennel infused vodka martini with honey.

In the city, those two drinks alone would have set you back about forty bucks, plus tip.

By the way- Mallard is a duck. Mullard is a tube. :lol:

To ease the pain of husking sweet corn for dinner tonight, I grabbed the lone Fonseca 5-50 out of the humidor. I was given this cigar by Matt and I believe it was this one that he made the comment on. Something like "The first inch is good, but then it turns to :censored:."

Well, just like he said, the first inch was really quite pleasant. Mild, nutty, toasty. The burn was razor sharp and straight as an arrow. Approaching inch number two and subsequent inches, this cigar remained quite enjoyable. I don't know that I was seek them out and buy more, but in the face of adversity :)rolleyes:), it did not dissapoint. :biggrin: I paired it with a glass of ice water that quickly became warm water in this Wisconsin heat.

Post cigar, I just opened a bottle of New Glarus Spotted Cow ale that was hiding on the bottom shelf of my fridge. Wow! With the lingering hint of the cigar, this beer is phenomenal!

On the Dinner front, it will be grilled chicken and fresh sweet corn. I can't wait. :drool:

No mail yet? Damn. I sent you a package a week ago.

Taken directly from my post in the Acquisitions thread:

When I got home from work on Saturday, it was like Christmas in July. Waiting for me in the mailbox were the following:
  • My new Palio cigar cutter
  • A free Montecristo Classic from Altadis USA
  • 2 movies from Netflix
That in and of itself was a pretty sweet haul after a week of work, but not ten minutes later I get a buzz on the intercom. Turns out that a woman down the hall received 2 other packages for me that wouldn't fit into the mailbox! My shipment from the B&B Cheese Department arrived (Thanks Jay!), which contained a tin of Hamburger Beermaster pipe tobacco, as well as my 5-pack of 5 Vegas Serie 'A' Archetypes (Toro).

Say, Jay...did you superglue the lid on that tin? I can't for the life of me get it open! :w00t:

Top Bottom