What's new

Digging into the cellar

I had actually not really had any pipes over all for a while, without any real reason. I just never felt like I had the time, or was in the mood, etc.. Then I realized that with the work from home, and my job tasks allowing me almost 10 hours a night to sip away to my hearts content, I've started coming back to my pipes, and my stash. The upside was that while I was taking my break, my cellar just kept happily aging away.

Last night I cracked open a jar of 7 year old Luxury Bullseye Flake. Just amazing! Now as I look through the list of what is on hand I can't wait to open up a tin of Escudo, or Golden Sliced, both with about the same amount of time on them.

I've not bought anything new for tobacco in close to that long, so just about everything I have now has at least 5 years on it, waiting patiently for me to get back to them.

I am in the same boat with the mason jars which is why my plan is to use them first. Hopefully by that time the canned stuff will have aged like fine wine when I’m ready to crack them open.

Larry

I have several jars opened that I know I'll pretty much never finish... stuff I bought one tin of to try, and just didn't like it enough to even smoke through the tin. Once I get down to dealing with those, having a few more open jars/tins won't bother me (or the storage space) as much.

Top Bottom