What's new

If you were given $1000....

...to spend on pipes and/or tobacco, what would you get? I would get a Baki Gourd Calabash. Deniz had one like this on his site recently with two identical stems, one amber coloured and one black, for $995. Too rich for my blood, but that's why a fantasy question like this one is fun!
Baki.jpg

I'd get 33 Missouri Meerschaum bags of seconds! LOL.

Seriously though, I'd probably get a decent Meerschaum and put the rest into tobacco.

Man, that Baki is sweet. I've always had a thing for spigots, and I love that amber stem.

In reality I would likely splurge on a killer pipe in the $400 range and spend the rest on tobacco, but as long as we're playing the fantasy game...
walt cannoy suedeblast.jpg

suedeblast2.jpg

...this Walt Cannoy suedeblast just might fit the bill.

I'd buy a tin of Bohemian Scandal from Ouch. :001_tt2:

Realistically, I'd try to get something nice from Ingo Garbe, and see if I could get into a Baki or H Cor with the rest.

Does adding a smoking room count? Currently we have a very large closet (8x15). So maybe leave a standard closet and a nice size smoking room???? I'm sure my wife would be on board........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does adding a smoking room count? Currently we have a very large closet (8x15). So maybe leave a standard closet and a nice size smoking room???? I'm sure my wife would be on board........

Sure, why not! $1000 well spent if you ask me. Nothing like a nice smoking room in the winter time.

Sure, why not! $1000 well spent if you ask me. Nothing like a nice smoking room in the winter time.

As I'm an adequately skilled carpenter, I'd most likely end up transferring labor costs over to a shopping spree for the wife....:.to get her on board........:I'm almost.00000000001 % sure it'd work.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I think you guys are on to something wth those Cookes. I might also go with a nice Pohlmann or Tonni Nielsen

I'm not sure if cigars count. Since I'm going abroad in another couple of months, I would buy a couple of boxes of Cuban cigars, which would include the Singlo VI

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I haven't been around in the scene long enough to study the "big dogs" of the pipe world, but if I were to blow that on a pipe (or multiple pipes), then I would probably want something custom done. Paul, if you could make a pipe in the shape of a Savinelli 311KS with the tree bark finish and styling of our 2016 LE Pipes, that would be an awesome pipe to buy. A custom Mark Tinsky morta would be sweet. Or, to get a Baki bulldog with a spigot mount would be cool as well.

I wasn't aware Mr Tinsky worked with morta. I have two blocks of Morta on the shelf, but have never done anything with them. Maybe it's time to dust them off! A 311KS in bark would look pretty cool. Good idea.

Top Bottom