What's new

How many razors do you own?

I just started DE shaving the day after Christmas and have shaved exactly 7 times so naturally I have 7 razors.

40s SS 1953
Tech 1964
EJ89
Wilkinson Sword Classic
RazoRock Old Type open comb + Mentor head
Feather Popular
Parker Variant

I've got 6 (...for now)
Gillette 40's Superspeed (1948-49)
Gillette Superspeed Flair tip (1957)
Gillette Slim Adjustable (1962)
Gillette Super Adjustable (1976)
Standard Razor
PAA Bakelite Slant

I have 7 and though I don't use a different one each day they are all fairly new and in regular use. I like my Tech and Fine Superlight Slant the best, but really like variety and feel trying all the different razors helps my overall ability with any one.
I have a Pre-war Ball End Tech, a Weishi, Merkur 1904/1906, Gem Jr., Fine Superlight Slant, PAA Oxblood Bakelite Slant, and a Weck Hair Shaper, just about as good a variety as you can get.

2. A Mergress and an ATT S1. Also own an EJ DE89 but haven't used it after my first 8 months shaving. Will eventually PIF i.

Have maybe 20, four in active rotation which is more than enough at the rate I use blades (very slowly). Sure, I'd love to have every version of every razor ever made, but in actual practice I'd really be content with my 72 SuperSpeed or the Pre-war Tech. Both give me nearly effortless close clean shaves without nicks or weepers, no real reason to use anything else, or every blade under the sun, either....

Peter, the frugal shaver.

Merkur 34C
Merkur 1904CC
Merkur Bakelite
EJ 86
Fatip Piccolo
Fatip Grande
Fatip Gentile
NEW Improved
2 prewar Techs
1 Canadian prewar Tech
British aluminium Tech
1940s SS
Black Tip SS
Milord
55 SS
56 Red Tip
57 Blue Tip
3 black handled SS
Russian "Slim" adjustable
Slim adjustable
Lord L6
There may be 1 or 2 others I can't recall right now.

I began using a DE razor in January, 2016. I haven't even used 6 or more of these razors yet. Is there any question why I signed up for the 2017 RESTRAINT?

I have six DEs, all three-piece, but use just two of them (Wunderbar, AS-D2) regularly. I have three SEs, but use only two (Mongoose II, Hawk). And I have one straight, an old Bokker Red Injun in its original box, that I've never used. It's something of an heirloom that belonged to my great uncle, so it's probably around 100 years old.

I started "traditional wet shaving" in the mid-1960s with DEs and injectors, so I've been around the block a few times.

Last edited:
I have one DE, the Rockwell 6C, that I'm happy with. However, I just found out that Italian Barber/RazoRock will be re-issuing the Black Mamba in the next couple months, and that's a razor I've wanted to try since I missed out on the original release. So, one and counting . . .

$fullsizeoutput_7ba.jpg

These are my three razors, with the blades they get along with the best.
Left to right ..... Merkur 34C, Maggard's MR5-v.3, Merkur 34C Slant.

I have 6 but the list will shrink.

Merkur 34C
Muhle R106
Maggard handle with V3 head
Gillette Fatboy
Gillette Tech
Rockwell 6S

The Rockwell has pretty much kicked everybody else out of the rotation. I will keep the two Gillettes for old time sake but the others may get passed on to family and friends.

I gave away or sold a bunch of excess razors and just kept three: old type single ring with a thin head (use this pretty much everyday), a NEW for travel, and a Weck Sextoblade. I got over my Razor Acquisition Disorder when my single ring came back with a new rhodium plating.

Three at the moment, listed in the order in which I received them.

1) Edwin Jagger DE89 with Weber handle
2) Feather AS-D2
3) Timeless

No plans to add anything for the foreseeable future, although there's certainly some others I'd like to try.

I guess you have to be careful what you say since I just added another after only about a week since this last post above. I was ordering some goods from IB and couldn't resist adding a RazoRock DE1 given the great reviews and it costs next to nothing, so now I'm up to four DE razors.

1) Edwin Jagger DE89 with Weber handle
2) Feather AS-D2
3) Timeless
4) RazoRock DE1

So far just the van der hassen / Welsh copy but soon the Rockwell T and 6C will be on thier way.

And the uneven blade exposure van der hassen we'll get kicked to the curb.

Merkur Progress
Muhle R89
Ming Shi (Never used freebie)

Muhle is used daily, the Progress at weekends when I have more time to enjoy the shave!!!

I had 7 and now I'm down to 3 . I narrowed down my stable to what I always grab . No sense in having quality hardware sit and collect dust when some else can enjoy them .

Current Line Up
Timeless OC .68 Polished
Timeless SB .68 Matte
Merkur 34c ( My Travel Razor )

Top Bottom