What's new

How many razors do you own?

1. Edwin Jagger DE89 (all chrome)
2. Gillette Flairtip 1967 (original plating)
3. Gillette Fat Boy 1959 (re-plated by RE with Rhodium)
4. Merkur 37C
5. Parker 94R

In the mail:
1. Standard Black
2. Parker Variant (black handle)

Feather de
Feather ProGuard
Feather Super
Polsilver SI
Astra

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

1. Edwin Jagger DE89 (all chrome)
2. Gillette Flairtip 1967 (original plating)
3. Gillette Fat Boy 1959 (re-plated by RE with Rhodium)
4. Merkur 37C
5. Parker 94R

In the mail:
1. Standard Black
2. Parker Variant (black handle)

How would you compare the 37C to the DE89? i've just bought the 37C after using the DE89 for a while, but I haven't plucked up the courage to use it yet!

Here's what I have (not including straight razors):

DE Razors:
-------------
Timeless .68 SB Polished
Timeless .94 SB Polished
LA Shaving BBS-1
Wolfman OC Standard Gap Brushed
Wolfman SB Standard Gap Brushed - awaiting delivery
Wolfman SB .54mm Gap Brushed - awaiting delivery
ATT Kronos M1
ATT Kronos R1
ATT Kronos H1
ATT Kronos H2
ATT Kronos R2
Gillette Fat Boy
Gillette Slim
Gillette Flare Tip
Gillette New

Feather Pro Style Razors:
-----------------------------
ATT SE1
King Cobra
Mongoose
Ikon El Jefe

I have a bunch of handles as well to mix things up a bit.
This is way more than I need as most days I reach for the Timeless .68 or the LA Shaving BBS-1.

Hi deepfried,
I don't want to scare you but the 37c is more aggressive than the DE89. Mainly because it's a different style head. Most slants take more technique and are generally more aggressive than regular scalloped heads. I would suggest making sure blade reveal is even once you lock your blade in and taking your time around your mouth area with the 37C. But once you get the hang of it, it can become one of your favorites for removing thick growth with one pass. I usually use it when I need to shave off a week or so of growth. It is a pretty looking head. The handle is like the 34C and it's a 2-piece so it's easy to load blades. Hope this helps.

How would you compare the 37C to the DE89? i've just bought the 37C after using the DE89 for a while, but I haven't plucked up the courage to use it yet!

I have over 20, with more on the way. Mostly Gillettes, but a miscellany of random ones to try out, or to get rid of. I mean, really, how many razors does one man need?

Never enough. Here are a few of my Gillettes.
proxy.php

DEs in rotation:

• AS-D2
  • Wunderbar
  • German 37
  • SC102

SEs in rotation:
  • Mongoose II
  • Hawk
  • El Jefe (just once in awhile)

Discontinued and soon to be sold:

• Parker 22R (TTO) - sloppy blade alignment and TTO mechanism
  • X3 - too mild

Last edited:
I am updating my inventory and I've purchased or received 52 razors. I've PIF'd away 10 of these so far. I'm trying to make sure I don't keep any duplicates anymore. I've still got an extra Tech, single ring and 40's style super speed My average cost per razor is $17.22. I'm trying to use most of them in a rotation, but that is tough.

Have 10 but used only one - Muhle R41 - for about a year
55 now. 25 in my regular rotation but I use all of them at least once every six months pr so. Except a couple of super rare ones, and I don't like many of the Gem type SE razors much, but they look pretty.
Why would you want to use one razor for a year. It's like sleeping with only one woman! I sometimes even do a twosome; two razors that is! One for each side of my face. Variety is the spice of life!

I have 4 with 1 on the way in the mail. My rotation is typically my Slim and my NEW SC. Thought that's subject to change once my Rocket gets here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I have 13 and collect new razors. The only one I never use anymore is my first DE the Micro Touch One. Other than that they are all in my rotation, and I tend to love the one I'm currently using though I love me my Fatip's and Joris.

1. Micro Touch One
2. Merkur 933cl (travel)
3. Merkur 34c
4. Merkur 37c
5. Muhle r89
6. Muhle r41
7. Fatip Piccolo
8. Fatip Grande
9. Fatip Testina Gentile
10. Fatip Zebrano
11. Fatip Zebrano Gentile
12. Phoenix Bakelite Slant
13. Plisson Joris (Palladium engraved)

Don't know if I posted before, but I've added/removed. 8 straights, at least 18 DE's. 3 cartridge razors, but no carts for them.

Muhle R89
Merkur 15c
Merkur 34c
Merkur Progress
PAA Doc
PAA Doc travel
Feather AS-D2
Timeless OC 0.68

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom