What's new

How many razors do you own?

So instead of thinning the herd, I added to it. Here's the updated list.
I have five DEs, two of which are in active use:
  • 2 Wilkinson Sword Classics (1 in use, 1 unopened and not in use)
  • 1 Gillette Tech (in use)
  • 1 Gillette Travel Tech (not in use)
  • 1 Feather Popular (not in use)
I also have two replaceable blade straights:
  • Feather Artist Club RG (not in use)
  • CJB non-folding (not in use)
In the single edge category:
  • GEM Featherweight (in use)
  • Razorock Hawk in satin finish (shipping to me as we speak)
Finally, I have the following cartridge handles:
  • Mach 3 (in use)
  • Gillette GII (in use)
  • Generic wood and brass Trac II-compatible handle (not in use)
  • Gillette Guard (in use)
I plan to thin the herd shortly.

Not sure of the years, but I have a Gillette FatBoy (I bought myself when I was in college in the early 60's), an Adjustable Slim, and a Gillette Super speed which is my travel razor. I like and use them all at one point or another.....

Last edited:

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I have gone over 100 razors now by quite a bit. Maybe up to somewhere near 125 now. I need to do an update to my inventory spreadsheet to know for sure. RAD is quite a powerful opponent.

I used to have about a dozen 40's style SS. I PIF'd or sold most I no longer use. I think those DE's left include:

1. Merkur 34G - the only DE I've used for the past 3 years.
2. 1952 SS (w/ case) my first DE bought from AsylumGuido when I first joined.
3. 1951 SuperSpeed with case (my backup to the 1952).
4. 1941 Aristocrat (my stepfather's razor). A gift from his parents when he was drafted into WW2 & never used.
5. A couple of beater SS from ebay that I never cleaned up. I don't know their condition.
6. A late 40's Aristocrat I never cleaned up because the doors don't seem to align properly & it's too aggressive for me.

Currently own 4 with 1 inbound.
1. Fatboy
2. Merkur Futur
3. Merkur progress- gold finish
4. Merkur progress- modern

Inboind- SA "Black beauty"

1. Gillette Tech
2. Gillette Fatboy
3. Delta Echo Slim
4. Edwin Jagger DE 89
5. Merkur 34C HD - Silver
6. Merkur 4C HD - Gold
7. Maggard V3 on MR5 Handle
8. IKON 101 head on Jurgen Hemple Blue Wave Handle
9. Rockwell 6 S
10. Razorock Mission

I own 3 saftey razors. One is my grandfather that was used in the 1940's that I don't use; a Merkur short razor that I started off on and the third is my Merkur Futur that I have been using for the last 10 years.

I also have a Schick Hydro 5 that I used when I am in a rush or my electric

5 if you're counting safety razor heads (since they each have their own personalities), 3 if you're counting complete safety razors, 6 if you're also including electrics and other "modern" crap:

Van Der Hagen Traditional Safety Razor
Maggard V3, V3A, and V2OC (all sharing the same Maggard MR11 handle)
Parker Variant (all around best performer, although I still like the deeper knurling and shorter length of the Maggard handle best)
and a Norelco piece of crap which takes 10 times more effort and leaves my face 10 times more sore than the safety razors

Three at the moment, listed in the order in which I received them.

1) Edwin Jagger DE89 with Weber handle
2) Feather AS-D2
3) Timeless

No plans to add anything for the foreseeable future, although there's certainly some others I'd like to try.

66 flare tip
R89
1953 ss
Gillette fat handle tech
slim ajustable ,
plan on adding an early 1947-50 ndc ss, and 50's flare tip,,,thats where it stops

Three DE razors. A Parker Variant, a Parker 99R and a Van Der Hagen.

I was planning on adding a stainless steel razor, but I like the Variant so much that I may be finished buying razors.

I also have handles from every major cartridge razor since 2005 lying around plus two original Atra handles.

How often do you use a safety razor when you have some nice straight razors? What makes you decided each day which one to use. (I am thinking about a Hart Steel 5/8).

It's tough deciding which razor to use! I just try and create some rotation to give them all some love.

Top Bottom