What's new

Hot sauce junkie

I'm finishing up the last two bottles of Louisiana's current product lineup (I received a collection of them from my wonderful wife, last year at Christmas).

My favorites from their lineup are:
the original Louisiana hot sauce;
Louisiana Roasted Garlic (a great mild, flavorful sauce)
Louisiana Roasted Chili (good, mild, but Roasted Garlic is better);
Louisiana Habanero (raw heat)

Of all of them, I would probably prefer the original and the Roasted Garlic. The Roasted Garlic is delicious on Italian food (duh), eggs, meats, etc. If you are looking for pure heat, none of these will probably satisfy except Habanero. If you are looking for mild with nice flavor, the Roasted Garlic or Roasted Chili might be worth a try.

proxy.php

I had some kind of piri piri last winter and it was great.

Just picked up a bottle of Cholula Chili Garlic tonight. Right now I am digging the mild garlicky hot sauces - great on eggs! Look forward to trying it on a hard boiled egg tonight.

Well, the Cholula Chili Garlic is a dud. It isn't just "mild"; it has ZERO heat, to my tastebuds. And the flavor is gross and weird. Tastes kind of like sour Heinz 57 steak sauce. Seriously. I don't throw any food item away, but I don't know how I'm going to finish this bottle.

Don't waste any money on this one.

[MENTION=106222]SlyMoose[/MENTION] that Make your own Hot Sauce kit looks awesome. Good find. [MENTION=22392]auk1124[/MENTION] You might be able to try and use it as a cooking ingredient.... that is if the flavor has any redeeming qualities. Otherwise it will probably just sit there until it goes bad and then you would be throwing it away anyways...

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Naw I wish it was something like that!

Wife's grandpa has cancer and has been in Houston at MD Anderson for most of the month they got home this week but want to make sure he's all settled before we have a get together
I hope he doing better

I surrendered and tossed the Cholula Chili Garlic. Just too nasty to eat. Up next: Trappey's Spicy Hot. Very nice flavor, some garlic in the background, but I wish it had more heat. Just a little TOO mild.

My favorite so far of the mild garlic sauces: Louisiana's version, hands down.

Top Bottom