What's new

Hot sauce junkie

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I need to make a run over to Mo Hotta Mo Betta for a small order. I want some of that mustard based Lotties HS. marie Sharp's is on my list. I'm sticking to a heat level of 5 or so.

Lottie's and Marie Sharp's are both very nice.
I'm hoping to have another go at making my Crazy Kiwi Must-hab hot sauce soon. I'm guessing it will be some time towards the end of next month.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Lottie's and Marie Sharp's are both very nice.
I'm hoping to have another go at making my Crazy Kiwi Must-hab hot sauce soon. I'm guessing it will be some time towards the end of next month.

Chris, we need to look into fermenting the peppers for HS versus the vinegar based route.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Chris, we need to look into fermenting the peppers for HS versus the vinegar based route.
When I made Sriracha, I made the sauce, put on the counter, and rubber bamded a paper towel over the top. I stirred it once a day. You will see bubble form- this is the fermenting. I made it a little too sweet, though- added sugar and honey. It was decent though.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
image.jpeg
Found a real nice new hot sauce in my local market. Here's one of them. They used guajillo peppers in the base. Made by Humble House.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I am going to be making Big O's Hot Stuff this weekend. I have been longing for it, and if I don't make some soon the boss may end up writing me up :lol:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I am going to be making Big O's Hot Stuff this weekend. I have been longing for it, and if I don't make some soon the boss may end up writing me up :lol:

Can't wait to see it being made, Owen.

I'm working on a chili tepin hot sauce but first my tepin peppers needs to ripen. I need a bunch to turn red all at the same time. Right now I'm picking them as the ripen, just one or two at a time....I just can't help it they are that good.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

I'm working on a chili tepin hot sauce but first my tepin peppers needs to ripen. I need a bunch to turn red all at the same time. Right now I'm picking them as the ripen, just one or two at a time....I just can't help it they are that good.
A while ago, I bought an individual electric burner for making it in the garage (since I am not allowed to make it in the house), and I am finally getting around to using it.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped

Have you contemplated freezing some to get a large enough batch for a sauce?

Just been to Australia to visit our youngest daughter from the u.k. for a few weeks and came across these sauces in a supermarket...the names are awesome!!!!!
20170317_183446.jpg

Top Bottom