What's new

Hockey! Hockey! Hockey!

You are just hating since half your team left you after that Finals loss. This season will see the return of the Flyers to glory.

If by "glory" you mean "suck all season and choke in the conference finals" then yes, the Cryers will return to glory.

After finishing with the worst record 2 years ago, then making it to the Conference Finals, I am rather pleased with the performance. Played your Pens tough in those Finals, but the better team won. You should be worried about us passing you up with all of the key losses you took over the off season.

PK: There has been some progress since Clarke was turfed, and I admit Biron played really well last year. I don't think the team has the stuff to go much further than last season, but hey, it's why we play the games, eh?

PK: There has been some progress since Clarke was turfed, and I admit Biron played really well last year. I don't think the team has the stuff to go much further than last season, but hey, it's why we play the games, eh?

Honestly, if they make to the same place as last year, the Championship game, and get beaten by a better team, like last year's Pens, then I won't complain. Do I want to see them win the Cup? Of course. Heck, I think they have a shot at it this season. But I am a realist as well.

After finishing with the worst record 2 years ago, then making it to the Conference Finals, I am rather pleased with the performance. Played your Pens tough in those Finals, but the better team won. You should be worried about us passing you up with all of the key losses you took over the off season.

Key losses? Of whom are you speaking? Hossa was a rental, Malone will be missed but can be replaced, Conklin goes wherever he can, Roberts played ten games all season, Laraque isn't the only guy who can grind a puck into the boards (or knock someone down with one punch), and Ruutu isn't the only agitator in the NHL, though he does have a nice wrister. We still have the core players and we still have a great coach with a good system.

Key losses? Of whom are you speaking? Hossa was a rental, Malone will be missed but can be replaced, Conklin goes wherever he can, Roberts played ten games all season, Laraque isn't the only guy who can grind a puck into the boards (or knock someone down with one punch), and Ruutu isn't the only agitator in the NHL, though he does have a nice wrister. We still have the core players and we still have a great coach with a good system.

Hossa was huge in the playoffs. Malone will be a big loss, I don't see where they replace his production. Roberts is a great chemistry guy and a glue guy, that stuff may be filled by the younger guys having that playoff run last year, but if not, that will be a big hole. I think you have a great team, don't get me wrong. Its going to be a battle to win the division this year.

Welcome to September. I'm drooling in anticipation already. Even though it's currently over 100 degrees here and feels nothing like fall. I'm chilly just thinking about the ice. The way skates sound on it. The ring of a puck off the post. Can't help but smile like a little kid at Christmas.
GO SHARKS!
GO 'HAWKS!!

I'm looking forward to tweaked Sharks bench and coaching staff. I'm also very excited that Toews is wearing a 'C' and Soupy skating on the same team (maybe the same line?!?!!). This is going to be another great year of hockey.
WAHOOO!!

...Sharks, indeed. :tongue_sm (at least I didn't edit your post this time :biggrin: )

Go REDWINGS!!! :w00t:

-- John Gehman
attachment.php

You're just bitter that VA doesn't have any pro teams in any sport of note. And no, Hendrick Motorsports, Gibbs Racing, and other racing teams at Richmond Int'l Speedway do not count.

I'm originally from the Pittsburgh area so redneck jokes do not apply. I'm only stationed in VA because that's where the Navy put me. I agree that Nascar is not a sport.
There's an AHL hockey team in Norfolk. It's a Tampa Bay affiliate, so I guess you're right about not having any teams of note.

I still don't think the Pens are in any kind of trouble. I guess we'll see in 24 days.

My glee came to a screeching halt this morning. I was brushing my teeth and suddenly lined up the date of a work conference and opening day in my head. Yeah. Same day. I'll be out of town. Already bought tickets for the game. At least my wife can still use them. Oh well...

GO SHARKS!

It'll be interesting to see what Mike Gillis will do with this team, and we still need a captain (personally I think that Mitchell should take up the C.)

But whatever happens, I'm excited, and Go Canucks

Top Bottom