What's new

Hello from India!

Hi guys, as the title says, I'm from India.

We have the luxury here that getting a shave in a barber shop is inexpensive (2 dollars or even less)
So I used my gillette fusion for daily use, and when I want to look really clean, I used to visit a barber shop (as they were always closer cut)

Anyways, reading about it on the net and discovered I could try doing something similar at home as well.

And here I am.

Ordered a Bombay shaving company kit, easier as they are Indian as well.
Got the box today and can't wait till tomorrow!

Quick question. Are all straight razors the honing type? Because my barber shop uses disposible razors identical in look to the feather blades that came with my kit.
Not that I think I will ever get into a straight razor. Just curious.

Fixed=Honing, Sir.

Straight razor shaves are less than <2$!!!!! I'd go everyday. Straight up land there in a suit, get a clean shave, a smoke and a coffee and head to work.

I am moving to India soon by the way. How is the Bombay Shaving Company Cream?

I've only heard of Trigodon in the field of wet shaving quality in India. They don't ship outside so this another thing I am looking forward to, and the butter chicken by the way.

Fixed=Honing, Sir.

Straight razor shaves are less than <2$!!!!! I'd go everyday. Straight up land there in a suit, get a clean shave, a smoke and a coffee and head to work.

I am moving to India soon by the way. How is the Bombay Shaving Company Cream?

I've only heard of Trigodon in the field of wet shaving quality in India. They don't ship outside so this another thing I am looking forward to, and the butter chicken by the way.
The Bombay shaving company cream is a very fine product, as do their aftershave balm!

Sounds very much like the barber was using a shavette which uses a replaceable blade. The blade is replaced when worn so ideal for use in a barber shop. Each customer gets a fresh blade.
The razor in that kit looks quite reasonable. Does the cap clip in or screw in?
You won't need to visit that barber anymore.

Last edited:
Top Bottom