What's new

Has there been a New Jersey Get Together?

Should we appoint someone to be in charge or let many cooks spoil the soup.
Up until now, we've been doing OK with allowing different people to take initiative and act on their own ... I'm OK with keeping it that way, but if things change and we want a Head Honcho to pull together all the logistics, that's fine with me.

Just to re-cap what (I think) we've decided on so far ...

Martino's in Somerville, NJ
Saturday, Nov 12 ... exact time is still open.
Approximate attendance will be about a dozen of us.
Most people will be bringing something for Show&Tell.
A side trip to a Cigar Store, either before or after.

I already have the date approved for vacation from work ... so it will be hard to re-arrange my schedule if the date changes. I agree with whoever said that we should try and get this in well before Thanksgiving, because if we don't do it by then, everyone will be much too busy until after the holidays. (I myself won't be available from Black Friday through first week in February. I'm in the retail industry, and first we have the Xmas season, and then annual inventory following that.)

So then who's going to make the call if no one is in charge or makes a decision. How much longer are you O.K with this then, until the 11th?

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
OK, who is all coming??
What time??
Here is Martino's information:
Martino's Cuban Restaurant
212 W Main Street, Somerville, NJ 08876
Phone: (908) 722 8602

Open Saturdays from 11 am to 10 pm

They have an extra room for up to 35 people.

Im off, finishing up midnights at 7am that day so I will come but may not stay too late depending on what kind of nap I can get in before hand.

Now what is the time.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Im off, finishing up midnights at 7am that day so I will come but may not stay too late depending on what kind of nap I can get in before hand.

Now what is the time.

I would propose 3 pm, and I hope the others will chime in. I am open for any time, but not too late.

Scratch the above comment, they're closed Monday. I just called, Martinos said 2 pm would be an ideal time. I asked if they could make the a reservation for about 15 people and they said they'd list the reservation for 20 for now. I told them I'd call them about a week before with a more exact number.

NJ B&B get-Together
Martinos in Somerville, BYOB
2:00 pm

How does this jive with the everyone?

Last edited:
If you guys are going to a Cuban restaurant you'll need to know how to order things in Cuban

Examples.

English - I'd like a coffee, Miss. Spanish - Un cafesito con siete azucars mi bonbonsita.
English - The special looks amazing! Spanish - Coño! El especial es tremendo!
English - I do believe the chef made this a tad too spicy! Spanish - Coño! Se le fue la mano en el picante al cocinero
English - I just need a few more minutes to order. Spanish - No me jodas tanto, Coño! Necesito unos minutos mas.

So yes, I will be there.

How to order from a Cuban restaurant:

1. Point at what you want on the menu
2. "Hey Lou, order this for me, will ya?"

How to order from a Cuban restaurant:

1. Point at what you want on the menu
2. "Hey Lou, order this for me, will ya?"

That's what I'm going to do....

lets get a head count

Brianw
Rudy Vey
Dunedinranger

??

Remember I will run a taxi service from the train station in Somerville or wherever !!!

lets get a head count

Brianw
Rudy Vey
Dunedinranger
dpm802

??

I was just upstairs making chili and thinking "We need to bump up the NJG2G thread and get a head count."

You beat me to it.

BTW, the chili will be ready at 7:00pm if anybody wants some.

Last edited:
Top Bottom