What's new

Has there been a New Jersey Get Together?

I was thinking the second Saturday in November, the 12th would be good. I figure the 12th leaves the weekends before and after Thanksgiving open in case anyone has family or friends around for the holiday weekends. How about it?
Sounds good to me. That gives us a little over a month to coordinate all the other details. I was thinking the last weekend in October or the first in November, but that may be rushing it a bit.

We still need to pick a place. Maybe we need to make a reservation, if we want to get a room to ourselves. (Triumph, for one, has private rooms available, but I doubt we'd be able to get one on a walk-in basis.)

And we need to spread the word. I've sent out a few PMs to other NJers that haven't seen this thread, but haven't heard back yet.

Still waiting on some feedback on November 12th. Once we agree on a date we can book a place and that's it! I was in Princeton this weekend checking out the art museum, nice area.

I'm from Brick..exit 98 on the Monmouth border.

I will count on the 12th being the date. I will check my work and let you know. Either way I will send some items over I'm sure Rudy would not mind helping.

I'll endorse the 12 Nov date ... should we set the time around 12noon?

Still need to pick a place ... Triumph has been brought up by several members, plus we can get a room to ourselves if we want one.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
There's a NJ get together almost every day. Usually it just involves me.

Hi guys,
I tried to go to the group page and start a NJ group, but apparently, I don't have enough seniority here to do so. I was gonna call it 'Double Edged New Jersey'. If some of you think it might be a good idea, perhaps we could start one. Jeez- Oz and Cali are showing us up!!

Hi guys,
I tried to go to the group page and start a NJ group, but apparently, I don't have enough seniority here to do so. I was gonna call it 'Double Edged New Jersey'. If some of you think it might be a good idea, perhaps we could start one. Jeez- Oz and Cali are showing us up!!

We used to have a group called Garden State Shavers, but it was deleted by the Mod when it went dormant for too long.

Somebody can start another one ... I'm not sure how to do it.

I just tried a dry run at booking a reservation at Triumph ... using their on-line "Open-Table" interface ... there are NO tables available to accomodate a party of our size in the next 8 weeks.

I used the date of Saturday, 12 November, and tried various time-slots between 12:00 and 15:00 ... the system has a built-in window that will look 2.5 hours before and after your requested time, as well.

I tried to guess at the number that would actually show up. I started with 18, lowered it to 11, finally plugged in a value of 9 ... all were unavailable.

Of course, this is just my first attempt, but we should be thinking about this while discussing logistics of the meet ... a direct phone-call or trying a different restaurant or day of the week might yield better results, but I don't have the time to plug in all the variables.

And let's not even think we're going to get a table in Princeton on a Saturday for a group our size on a walk-in basis. We need to call ahead first and get reservations.

I'm not sure how other group meets solved this, but we need to be sure that if we decide on a time, the place is going to be available to us as well.

I will try to call them later to see if phone results are any better- Saturday November 12th @12pm. I will post results later.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Alternatively, we always could meet in the City as well. There are some nice shops to go to:
Cambridge Chemists and two Pasteur locations - they carry a lot of shaving stuff.
Then there is also Art Browns.....pens, inks, paper.

Alternatively, we always could meet in the City as well. There are some nice shops to go to:
Cambridge Chemists and two Pasteur locations - they carry a lot of shaving stuff.
Then there is also Art Browns.....pens, inks, paper.

And Haggis!

I called and left a message for the booking manager this pm. At this point, I expect I would be hearing from him tomorrow.

I definitely want to make this a proper "Jersey Get-Together". I like the city a lot but if we can't get something for our size group in Princeton I'd still like to keep it in New Jersey. I'm going to look at some places in/around Princeton again to see what else may work.

Cheers,

I definitely want to make this a proper "Jersey Get-Together". I like the city a lot but if we can't get something for our size group in Princeton I'd still like to keep it in New Jersey. I'm going to look at some places in/around Princeton again to see what else may work.

Cheers,
We may need to change our strategy and work this backwards ... pick a day of the week (Saturday) and a time in the early afternoon, then choose a restaurant, and call to make a reservation. The restaurant can easily tell us what is the first date available, even if its a couple of months in advance.

Top Bottom