What's new

Gillette Slim

I'm looking to buy a Slim on ebay, or on the BST forums here, in my quest for something a little more aggressive than my weishi and at a low price. I've lurked though the BST section but I'm still not sure of the price range i should be aiming for...

What is the typical price of a user grade slim?

Plus, I'm in Canada, so with the shipping I expect it to cost 5-10 USD than a CONUS buyer. Oh well.

I second the recommendation to try the BST first.
Prices for vintage Gillettes on eBay tend to be inflated, unless you buy them as a lot (and even then, sometimes, they are inflated).

I bought many of my first razors on eBay, because I was impatient and didn't want to wait for nice ones to show up on the BST, and I probably paid about 1.5x -1.75x what I should have for them!

If you're having problems differentiating Slims and Fatboys ( a common problem ), see my sig

(Blatant Self Promotion :biggrin1: )

I second the recommendation to try the BST first.
Prices for vintage Gillettes on eBay tend to be inflated, unless you buy them as a lot (and even then, sometimes, they are inflated).

I bought many of my first razors on eBay, because I was impatient and didn't want to wait for nice ones to show up on the BST, and I probably paid about 1.5x -1.75x what I should have for them!

I've probably paid too much for a bunch of stuff because I was too quick to bid on eBay. Only disadvantage to B/S/T is being fast enough to get in the first offer when a good deal comes up.:001_rolle By the time I notice something there, it's usually sold.

I did get my H2 Slim as part of a lot on eBay, though. The Slim and an Aristocrat together for $25.42 shipped. Both are good user grade, scratches and such, but mechanically sound. Just mentioning that as one data point, I'm no expert on pricing.

Just post a WTB (want to buy) on the slim you want and your price range and one of the excellent gentlemen on this forum will probably give you a nice offer.

This way you can also specify which date you would prefer.

Got my birthday razor this way:thumbup1:

Sverre

PS! The slim is a great razor!

Got my slim from eBay for A$11.00 plus A$4.00 postage so there are still some good deals out there. I agree with others though, theBST is a great option if youre prepared to wait a while.

Love my Slims!! ... As others have said, be patient and the right one is bound to pop up on the BST; and you'll probably get alot less potential headaches dealing through here then through evilbay

Top Bottom