What's new

Gillette ID please, maybe Goodwill, no photos

R

romsitsa

Hello,

found an interesting razor today.
The cap is like a post 1921 old type but it it has little "shoulders" in the corners, like a new.
The comb has matching grooves in the corners, so an "old" three hole Gillette blade won't fit it.
The comb has the Gillette diamond and Made in Canada stamped on the lower side, and except the grooves it look like an old type comb.
The handle looks like the one in Gillette/7o'clock razors or French service sets. Everything is nickle plated.

Couldn't make any photos of it.

Thank you for your inputs.

Adam

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a Canadian OT Goodwill with Probak handle.
Only Canadian version of this model exists.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Gillettes "made in Canada"

Mismatch!
That is a 7 o'clock type of handle
there is no proof of this statement! 7'ocklock and probak produced the same handle and both were branches of the gillette company. so maybe gillette used the production lines and mixed them up.. who knows.

there is no proof of this statement! 7'ocklock and probak produced the same handle and both were branches of the gillette company. so maybe gillette used the production lines and mixed them up.. who knows.
It's a Goodwill. Gillette used what ever they had on hand. I'm not sure you can definitively say any Goodwill was/is a mismatch.

Are you sure 7'ocklock and Probak produced the same types of handles? To me there is no evidence for me...
Plus the source is different - Canada and England

Top Bottom